Learning the Hard Way

macca22au

I disabled GB Sth because my machine not only stuttered but went on t0 hesitate, blink, flash, pause and steadily decay.  I tried everything believing it was P34 and heavily demanding scenery.  I overclocked, altered settings, altered screen resolution calculated an Affinity Mask value, and uninstalled and replaced Client and Content..but the game appeared stuffed.  Even my Screenshot captor only recorded blank images.

I then finally thought the blinking may come from the OS. Therefore I downloaded installed and ran a piece of software, called Advanced System Repair (You may know of an equivalent or better).  It did all the regular things..hunted down tracers and malware, but most importantly it checked W10, installed the latest drivers, and then it checked and repaired corrupted files:  mainly it seems DLLs, the casualties of much mucking around.

After all that sweat and tears the game is running sweet as.., even at complex add-on airports.  Can't believe the transformation.

It seems I had reached a stage where CCleaner and Malwarebytes were not sufficient in themselves. The setup needed a purge and repair and is now the better for it. But my takeaway message is that when things begin to go wrong, it may be wise to start at the other end, with the OS not the game.

Archived