Cairns ground markings

Couger

I just got the fax cairns and installed it.  Loaded it up and find that the ground markings aren’t showing up properly.  More than anything it is the gate numbers that should be on the ground turning into each gate.  It just has a black square where it should be.  I have gone into control panel but can’t find any settings for this. Can someone please help me?  I’ll try and post a screenshot as well. Thanks

Also for some reason all the jetways are static.  Why would orbx make all the jetways static when the default scenery has working jetways.  How can I get the jetways to work?

ive watched some orbx cairns stuff on YouTube and my scenery doesn’t look anything like what others have.  Something has gone wrong here and I don’t know what it is.

Yes there is.  In all the footage that I’ve seen of cairns there is the gate number written on the ground where the black squares are.  On mine though its just a black square.  No numbers.  Why?   

Im also having another issue with cairns and ybbn.  Where I have a good frame rate.  But it’s not stable and it’s causing bad stutters when panning around.   The frame rate is going from 20 up to 110 and down again really quickly.   It’s really a pain. Is there a setting I can change to stop this?

please help with this.  I like the orbx scenery but I expect it to work when I’ve payed a lot of money for them. 

Hello,

the gate numbers are there for some gates and not for others.

This product was last updated in 2015 and I think it unlikely

that as you and I see no numbers in some of the boxes and in

both FSX and P3D, that we have somehow been given a faulty copy.

I’m not trying to say that it is a faulty copy.  I never said that.   I just want to know how to get the numbers to appear. As I have watched many clips on YouTube and they all have numbers at all the gates.  They are using p3d as most do these days and I doubt that they have a different copy of the software.  So as I said my question is how do I get them to show up as most people have got numbers at the gates showing.  I’m not looking to acuse anyone of anything.  I just want a resolution to my problem.  That’s why I posted here.  I also mentioned the stuttering at cairns and Brisbane ftx airports and would appreciate some help or ideas on that.   I’m looking for help not blame.  Thank you

perhaps you can point towards the so called clips you've seen that show the number on the apron for gates,, cause as far as I know the domestic side of terminal which is what your image seems to show never had numbers included . No idea why that was so. I don't have P3d so unless  it was suddenly  fixed for that , I don't know.

Ok.  Don’t worry about the numbers.  I’ve worked out now that I was on the wrong side of the airport.   Around to the left on the black tarmac has numbers and that’s what I’m seeing in YouTube clips.  Still it should have them all over the airport but doesn’t matter.    

But it can someone give me a few ideas on why I’m getting stutters here and at ybbn.   My frames are up around 80 but it’s not stable.   It will randomly drop for a split second causing a constant stuttering when panning or taxing.   I also have ftx ymml and it runs flawlessly.  So I don’t know what it could be.  

Any my ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

YBBN has always needed a good computer to render sufficiently. It was stated that as an early development, it provided for future computer growth.

Having no real knowledge of the subject, could frame rates depend on the GPU, while stuttering depends on the CPU? Thus the GPU cant render what the CPU doesn't supply.

Hi Cougar,

Some of the things you highlighted are normal for YBCS, although PC specs and P3D settings would also help identifying the FPS fluctuation and stutter.

The concrete stamp pattern is correct, although I see from your picture that much of the taxiway and ground markings are missing or nearly invisible. The concrete area in your picture is extended well beyond were it exists in my FTX Cairns airport. Non-Painted Gate designators for those areas where you see a grey patch are also normal, the grey patch is a painted over marking much like on a highway where the work crew has conducted repairs or changed the condition of the roadway. Instead there are poles in front of each gate with a gate number atop a triangular prism.

The FPS fluctuation and stutter, could be a Cairns installation issue, considering the extended concrete area and lack of markings, but I don't run P3D so would not know what to advise. Perhaps check FTXCentral is not showing pending OrbxLibrary updates or YBCS Cairns updates. Check also that you have no conflicting addon scenery for the airport, or the general area of Cairns Airport.
In my modestly spec'ed system & FSX sim (AUv1 & FTX_YBCS_Cairns), FPS is locked @ 32 Scenery/Graphics Autogen sliders are mostly set to the right  (System Specs in signature) and depending on the view (Cockpit or external)(Looking directly at the terminal or beyond) my FPS is usually hovering around 26-32, (also complexity of user aircraft dependant), all features of the YBCS and from the Cairns control panel are activated.

Some Pictures 5&6 show FPS

2019-8-22-13-51-0-814.jpg

2019-8-22-13-51-31-777.jpg

2019-8-22-13-51-43-454.jpg

2019-8-22-13-52-28-617.jpg

2019-8-22-14-5-18-871.jpg

2019-8-22-14-5-57-501.jpg

Hello Couger,

Our airport expert, Graham has identified the problem and it turns out that we do indeed both

have a broken copy of the airport, so I was wrong, apologies for that.

Attached are some replacement textures, please unzip the folder and place them into

ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\Texture, letting them overwrite.

1.jpg

YBCS_Textures.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Couger,

Are you asking about the grass in my pictures, or Nick's.

It may just be the detail1.BMP  (Global BumpMap overlay) you are using. Can you show a picture from your sim please.

Orbx used to offer a facility called FTX Aero to enable a different BumpMap for ground textures, REX also offered an enhanced BumpMap.
Personally I Still use the FTX Aero Coarse or detail1.BMP in my FSX installation.
Because detail1.BMP is a Global Semitransparent Overlay, giving the underlying texture a 3Dimensional effect, it would be prudent not to use a REX Grass detail1.BMP because it will make your snow / sand and ground textures all appear with a textured grass look. I would advise using FTX Aero - Coarse or Cracked, but not Soft or Fine unless you like the super smooth subtle look of ground textures.

AFAIK the FTX Aero facility is not part of FTXCentral's tool kit any longer, but can still be used from the download files in this post https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/176933-no-ftx-aero-with-orbx-central/?do=findComment&comment=1546047

You can read about it here https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/178808-airport-grass/?do=findComment&comment=1558091 
Incidentally: -  I also use FTX Aero's  enhanced Taxiway Marking .dds  Yellow with black edge & Lock TML @ 2048

Archived