Orbx Central Just not working... order number 5d5aa4f3caac1

Basilrug

Operating system:  W7 Pro 64bit

Simulator:  X-Plane 11.35

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Purchased Oregon HD.. downloaded Orbx Central - it sees the product  - click the install button...just spins and does nothing.   Went to manual download from Orbx website.. it created a non descript 45 gb file.. I had to rename it to ***.zip.  After that this file opens ok manually and I see various zip files inside.  (see photo below)    Back to Orbx Central - load up the zip file and again the INSTALL button just sits and circles with no indication of any progress etc.. HELP PLEASE?   Central log attached...

central.log

Oregon.jpg

I posted last Monday.. no responses at all.   Am I even in the right forum?   I have an issue with Central not working on my system (not being able to install Oregon HD)

Moving past my original questions I decided to try a different computer I have for the install...and this happened..

OK.. so I used a separate computer I have.. installed the demo of Xplane (so Orbx would see that during install)  loaded and ran Central... And lo and behold it appeared to work. (would not work at all on my main X-Plane system)

Central happily saw the Oregon HD in my account and appeared to install it to a library folder I setup and then showed "product Installed"

I checked the size of that library folder.. 5gb.  It clearly states the folder size should be 220gb or so..

Ran Verify Files.. no change

Uninstalled and reinstalled Oregon HD.. no change

Cannot attach my central.log as it is 13.5mb and there's a 7.5mb limit apparently

Order number 5d5aa4f3caac1

So again, stuck and out of ideas..

If anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it.

Operating system:  Windows 7 Pro

Simulator:  X-Plane 11.35

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Hello,

I am sorry this seems to have been overlooked.

Without the log, the developers will be struggling to give you an answer.

I would suggest that if you can, you delete the existing log and try another installation.

If it fails again, then you should be able to attach the new log which will be much smaller.

Hello Nick,

Still cannot install the scenery after 3 days of intensive installs - reinstalls, research etc..  I'm pretty much done and dead in the water and out my purchase price.

quick recap:

Machine number one, the Central installer loaded up ok, but just would not work at all..just spun it's wheels and got stuck, no matter what changes I made

Machine number 2:   the installer now appears to work...I can see movement watch files being processed etc.

My last attempt just a couple of hours ago, was to do a clean install of Central on machine 2....keep all the DEFAULT file location settings and download the 45gb scenery file from my account and use that to do the install.   It seemed to be working, took a long slow time and I really thought it was going to work, but always the result is the same no matter if I download directly or use the saved scenery file....a 5gb in size installation of the Oregon scenery folders is what results.  

Changing the Central file locations does not make a difference - the drive I'm working with has 900gb free, no anti-virus etc I have fast Internet...

Even if it installed I would then have to copy everything back to my first computer and set up the links etc.  I'm happy to do that if only I could just get the installer to work.

What can be done please?  Log file attached from the last failed install  There must be some way to make this work?

Thank you.

central.log

Hi!

It seems that something is preventing the Ortho from converting properly. We'll be adding better handling of failed TrueEarth installs in an upcoming update which will let us get better information about what could be causing this.

This can be caused by a missing Windows component. Can you try to install the following Windows package, restart your PC and then press 'Verify Files' on the product? (After pressing download select vcredist_x64)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for the suggestions.. I ended up calling 3 friends - (different computers, different networks and providers) to try and install the scenery..  first one did not work, same issues as me, the second did.. installed correctly.  I then removed the scenery and installed it on my machine, setup the links, and it seems to load and not give errors.  Orbx Central (latest update) on my system "sees" the installed scenery but cannot make changes to it, etc.  I'm too scared to run a verify files.. It took me a week and a half to get where I am now.  So I'm going to enjoy the scenery and not make a move until I can see that Central is bug free and stable.  Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We've encountered this issue on one of our developer computers and have successfully resolved it. The component I linked earlier was a mistake, and is used for ObjectFlow and not the conversion process.

The missing component that was required was the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.

As with the previous link, download the x64 version and install it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=48145

The next version of Central with improved conversion system logging is currently in testing and will be released in a short time as well. We're also looking at ways to automatically install this dependency to prevent needing to do it manually in future.

Thanks Mitchell, I have those updates, but still no go for me.   If I try to Verify or Download anything, it just sits and spins its wheels endlessly.  The only thing that has actually worked as far as Central is concerned is installing it on multiple peoples computers until by some chance it randomly works on one, then removing the downloaded files and putting them on my system and setup the symbolic links.  There is a real issue going on here, I see too many messages re problems.  I'm in IT myself, so I've seen this before.  Something needs to be corrected and resolved going forward.  BTW, as my Central has never worked, I can now no longer purchase from Orbx.  This is not good!  I really enjoy the scenery and want it to work flawlessly.

Thanks for listening.

Archived