some minor things

Operating system:  Windows 10 Home 1903 64-bit

Simulator:  Prepar3D v4.5 HF1

Central version:  Orbx Central 4.0.6

Since the most important issues have been resolved now, here are some minor things that might be worth looking at.

In the NZWR Whangarei Airport Control Panel all options are toggle options where only one option per group can be checked. Since these are all independent options, shouldn't they be non-toggle options so that each item can be checked/unchecked separately?

In the 11S Sekiu Airport Control Panel there are 3 options for "3D Grass" that can be checked or unchecked individually. Shouldn't this be a toggle option where you can choose only one of them (like for example in 2W3 Swanson)?

In the FTX Southern California Control Panel there is an option for "Cranes, ships, containers in Long Beach and San Diego harbors". When I check this option and click "Save Changes", the option is unchecked again when opening the Control Panel the next time.

In the LOWI Innsbruck Airport Control Panel there is an option for "Hold-Short Stop-Bar Lights". None of the toggle options are checked. If I select any one and hit "Save Changes", they're both unchecked again when opening the Control Panel the next time.

EGFF Cardiff Airport comes with EU Wales, but is listed as a separate Airport (like it was in FTX Central). It is not possible to configure the Airport, because on the Airport page there is only the option to Install it (produces the error "The requested resource was not found."). Looks like Orbx Central doesn't detect that EGFF is already installed via EU Wales. 

If you have YSCB Canberra airport and Canberra Cityscape installed you have to disable some files in the YSCB scenery folder manually, see here:

This needs to be done after every update or verify files. Wouldn't it make more sense to add an option to the Control Panel to enable/disable the files as needed? I.e. the same way as it is done with YBCG Gold Coast, where you can select "FTX Australia Mode" or "CityScene Mode" in the Control Panel.

With EDCG Rugen Airport, there are two files installed in FTX_AA_EDCG\scenery, EDCG_objlib.BGL and EDCG_objlib_P3D.BGL. One is for FSX, and the other for P3D. But they shouldn't be both there since this causes issues, see here:

Wouldn't it make more sense if the installation process in Orbx Central would take care of such things?

Any time you can't toggle a control panel option it's because the .off and on files are both 'active'.

The normal remedy is to delete all the files that have an active (.bgl) and inactive (.bgl.OFF) from the scenery folder of the airport and then use verify files to rebuild the scenery in its default state where the options should be selectable again.  Unfortunately the complexity of the files vs updates vs install paths etc means that the programs can't all cater for all contigencies.  Remember many airports were eveloped long before the current crop of scenery management tools.

There are many support topics on the subject of stuck toggles.

'In the NZWR Whangarei Airport Control Panel all options are toggle options where only one option per group can be checked. Since these are all independent options, shouldn't they be non-toggle options so that each item can be checked/unchecked separately?'

Just bought NZWR and had exactly the same issue. Is there a simple way around this please, or is it a fix needed to the Orbx Central software?

I have searched the forum and can't find an answer ... 

The solution to the issue above is as follows. I'm sure it's posted elsewhere but I'm adding it here simply to reply to the original poster and make it easier.

Please feel free to correct me if I get it wrong!

Go to the ORBX/FTX_NZ/FTX_AA_NZWR/Scenery folder

You will find several files with the 'OFF' extension. Change them all to .BGL by deleting the 'OFF' part, with the exception of this one:

Orbx_NZWR_APX_NoDash8.bgl.off

A double negative here - if you don't want to see the Dash-8, set it to end  in .BGL.

That's it.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi TheGreenToad,

Thanks you for providing this detailed list. These appear to be bugs with the product builds instead of within Central. This means we can roll fixes for these independently of an update to Orbx Central. I've noted each of these issues internally and you'll find updates become available as we fix these issues.

Archived