New complete install of P3Dv4 FSDT KCLT elevation issue

RobC

Hey guys, I know that we are still waiting on a fix or workaround for AEC in vector, but I was wondering if there is any way I can manually fix an elevation issue I am having with FSDT KCLT.

I do not see KCLT in the list for "enabled" and I have no idea how to add it, is there a way?

PS: This is my SECOND non-Orbx airport that I have installed and I have been 2 days trying to get it to work, I only have about 50 more to go...lol, I hope this is fixed soon.

Below is what I'm seeing:

2019-8-18_12-4-53-454.jpg

Hello,

if there are no Vector files for an airport, then Vector cannot be the cause of that airport's elevation anomaly.

There are no Vector files for KCLT which is why it does not appear in the list.

Looking at your image, I would guess that you either have an elevation adjustment file missing or you have one

present that does not match the addon airport.

That makes sense, I wonder how do I fix that? I tried reinstalling the addon, made sure all of my AV was turned off.

I don't remember ever having this issue before, I wonder whats causing it. 

Thanks.

there is, I notice a version of KCLT in ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT\scenery

which could well be the cause.

Try disabling that first.

It's not strictly a Vector AEC file but I would guess that it could interfere with another addon.

That could have been it because I discovered that I was using an old installer and the addon manager was not downloading properly so I must have had an incompatible version, and somehow the install got mangled because even after downloading the newer installer and doing a reinstall it still didn't work, and I stated getting errors, so I installed my newest FSDT addon GSX/GSX2 and right away it ran the newest download manager (took about 20 mins to update) and updated everything, the next time I started the airport it refreshed and now it works!!

Thanks Nick, once again you pointed me in the right direction, and gave me an alternative, I'd be lost without you man!!

Archived