TE Oregon HD: Could Not Locate Image File

I just purchased, downloaded, and installed TE Oregon HD yesterday. When I try to load an Oregon airport in XPlane 11 (I have version 11.35), I receive a message:

BE ADVISED:

Error could not locate image file for terrain.

Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos/terrain/b8d0x5120x17SM.ter

Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos/terrain/

../textures/b8d0x5120x17.dds

There is an "Understand" button that when I click it, XPlane immediately closes.

I ran the Verify Files option in Orbx Central twice and it seems to work OK. I also checked to see if there was an update to the Library and, apparently, there is not (I have version 1.6.4-rc2)

I am using xOrganizer 2.0.7 to create the Scenery.ini file order.

Loading any other airport outside of Oregon works OK. If I then try to change the location back to Oregon, I receive the same message and XPlane quits.

Anyone able to help me?

Denny Knepper

Newville, PA

Hello,

here is a  troubleshooting topic for you.

It does not specifically cover this new product yet but the prerequitites are the same.

There is a setting in Orbx Central, Settings\Downloader to change your download

location if that is your problem.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

here is a  troubleshooting topic for you.

It does not specifically cover this new product yet but the prerequitites are the same.

There is a setting in Orbx Central, Settings\Downloader to change your download

location if that is your problem.

That is not the problem. The files downloaded fine and shortcuts were properly set up in the Custom Scenery folder in XPlane. It is just missing the two files I listed. Its possible other files may be missing as well but I won't know that until these are resolved.

When I was downloading yesterday, I had a power failure on the PC. When I restarted everything, Orbx Central seemed to pick up where it left off, but I am not certain some files may have gotten missed. Is there a way I can re-download all the files for TE Oregon HD? I know it will take all day with the slow internet speed I have, but that may be the only solution if more than these two files did not get downloaded.

Hello,

the topic covers all the potential problems, including yours.

There are never just two files missing and in fact, if you read the

error message, it is reporting just one file missing.

Please try Verify files, this is the most common and effective way to complete

the installation, that and not interrupting the process.

The whole download process took at least 10 hours. I assume the conversion process occurred then but cannot guarantee. I have files and folders in the Orbx folder for the sim for Oregon HD. Its just some are missing. If I run the install again (after I am finished with the SD) will that do the conversion again?

I'm just trying to determine the best way to go about fixing this even it it means starting over from the beginning.

I'll keep trying the Verify process then.

My download drive is a 2Tb SSD and currently has 1.2 Tb available. I am guessing the problem occurred when the power went off, so I will keep trying with the verify. Perhaps doing a re-install after the SD version completes will fix it as well.

Thanks for your help! 

Hello,

I'm also having the same problem but with a different file.  I have followed the steps listed above and in the troubleshooting post that was linked above. I have run the verify files more times than I can count, and every time I wait until I get the green check mark before trying to run xplane. I have uninstalled and manually gone in and deleted the folder in the backup folder than re-downloaded everything and I still cant get it to work. I have plenty of hard drive space so that is also not the problem.  Do you have any other suggestions for this problem?

Capture.JPG

Thanks.

I downloaded Oregon TE SD yesterday. It ran from 7 AM and was still working until 5 AM this morning. Since then ((it's now 8 AM) it shows everything downloaded but it is still installing (the circle is still spinning). The Task Manager indicates Orbx Central is still using the CPU and memory so I hope it has not hung up. Seems like an awful long time for the SD version to install. :huh:

Is this normal? The HD version finished shortly after everything downloaded and unpacked the other day. 

Hello,

it would be more normal for the HD installation to take very much longer than the SD version.

This would be because the SD version is a straight download and unzipping process, whereas

the HD version is this process with an added and lengthy file conversion process that takes

place on the customer's PC.

Unfortunately, just the opposite is happening to me. I just noticed, as well, that previously installed Washington in no longer showing in the Scenery.Ini file. Hopefully, the Orbx developers can figure out what is going on. I'm not angry or mad or anything. Just slightly frustrated because this is happening when I was anxious to try out the new scenery.

Update: Closed down Orbx Central then shut off the PC. Restarted PC then opened Central. Selected Washington (said it was installed) and ran Verify. That re-installed Washington into X-Plane without issue. Next, selected Oregon SD. There was an Install button which I selected. It downloaded a remaining 132 Mb of data and then installed without issue. I ran the Verify option to make sure and checked to be sure it Oregon was appearing in the Scenery.ini file - which it was. Files were where they were supposed to be with links in the XPlane Custom Scenery folder. So, at this point, all is working fine with Oregon SD and Washington scenery. I will stay with those until I get brave enough to uninstall Oregon SD and try to re-install the Oregon HD version. Hopefully, that will download the missing files.

I am guessing a combination of the power failure Friday, and then my ISP screwing up something last night during the SD download caused Central heartburn during the install where not all the files (the 132Mb) did not get downloaded.

Anyhow, all is tickety-boo at the moment. Thanks for all your help Nick!

I have not tried the SD version yet, but I am still not able to get mine to work.  I don't know if I have faster internet (120mbps) or if its because my computer is new, but it only takes 57 minutes for orbx central to download and convert the files for Oregon HD for me. When I run verify files it takes about 10 minutes.  If it helps once the process is done if I select the three Orbx Oregon HD folders it places in the xplane custom scenery folder and look at the properties I am showing 37804 files, 147 folders, and 4.46gb.

I am envious. My download speed is 10 Mbps. That's because I live out here between Hooterville and Pixlie and my ISP (local phone provider) has no interest in putting in faster speeds where its mostly rural. I hope you can get your issue resolved. I am going to wait to try HD again but for now, I can live with SD.

I have the same issue, for both Washington and Oregon.

Ran "verify files" multiple times for both products and still get the same error message in XP11. Installed Washington and Oregon on a HDD with nearly 700GB free space. Moved my Orbx temp folder to this drive. 

Each time i run the verify files process Orbx Central extracts and converts more files, resulting in progress bar exceeding 100% (e.g 106%/100%). 

I must admit that I aborted the installation process at least once for both products (got impatient as my computer was unresponsive during installation process). At this stage a re-install of both products might be quicker than repeated verification processes. 

I had to attach a compressed version of the log file as size exceeded upload limit. If necessary I'm happy to make a separate post. 

TE Washington: 5d5857ce0023c / TE Oregon: 5d58787910aa6

central.log.7z

We're unable to investigate this issue further without log files. If your file is too large, try the following:

• Delete the central.log file
  • Start Central and press 'Verify Files' on the given product
  • Attach the central.log file (it should be small now)
17 hours ago, flavik said:

I have the same issue, for both Washington and Oregon.

Ran "verify files" multiple times for both products and still get the same error message in XP11. Installed Washington and Oregon on a HDD with nearly 700GB free space. Moved my Orbx temp folder to this drive. 

It appears based off your log file that a large number of the backup zip files are corrupt. These are too numerous to list individually, so you'll need to delete the following folders:

• F:\Orbx backup\us-oregon-hd-xp11\
  • F:\Orbx backup\us-washington-xp11\

Once deleting these, try to run 'Verify Files' on the products again.

It also appears something may be preventing Central from accessing certain files, though this may be resolved by deleting the above folders.

2019-08-20T00:32:48.495Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Failed to convert Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos\textures\b5d0x5120x17.JPG
2019-08-20T00:32:48.506Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (5): Access is denied

2019-08-20T00:32:48.506Z [INFO] [Saturn] -    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

2019-08-20T00:32:48.506Z [INFO] [Saturn] -    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

2019-08-20T00:32:48.506Z [INFO] [Saturn] -    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

2019-08-20T00:32:48.506Z [INFO] [Saturn] -    at Saturn.Jobs.Install.MainSubStages.ConvertSubStage.ConvertJpegToDDSWindows(String relativePath)

2019-08-20T00:32:48.506Z [INFO] [Saturn] -    at Saturn.Jobs.Install.MainSubStages.ConvertSubStage.ConvertJpegToDDS(String relativePath)

2019-08-20T00:32:48.506Z [INFO] [Saturn] -    at Saturn.Jobs.Install.MainSubStages.ConvertSubStage.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<ConvertFile>b__0()

Thanks for your reply @Mitchell Williamson

I did the following as per your instructions:

1.  Deleted backup folders
  2.  Deleted .log file
  3.  Ran verification for both Washington and Oregon again

Results:

Error message in XP11 when trying to start flight at KSEA, Washington:

zEjHJNz.jpg

Error message in XP11 when trying to start flight at KPDX, Oregon (due to proximity to Washington?):

MtPEaWb.jpg

However success when loading into KEUG, Oregon and KYKM, Washington. No apparent flaws with scenery in these locations. 

Interestingly, there is a new error message in Central on the Oregon product page. Strange, as I have not installed the SD version (nor in the past):

omgMf2C.jpg

...however file verification still checks out and Central responds with "Product installed"

mz7IKSS.jpg

Not sure if it's helpful, but this is the status of my Oregon and Washington folders under Custom Scenery:

fOenOsa.jpg

iBvVQdQ.jpg

Seems pretty close to the listed sizes for both regions. 

Attached is updated (and considerably slimmer after file verification) .log file. 

Cheers,

flavik

central.log

After spending a lot of time uninstalling and reinstalling mine finally decided to work. Now I have the pink texture problem and trees in runways. But I think I saw a post on that problem so I will be going through the troubleshooting for that. 

Thanks!

I finally got a successful installation as well. I deleted contents of textures folder containing all .dds. I then re-run the verification process. I noted @Mitchell Williamson comment in another post about the possibility of something interfering with the conversion process. Before re-running verification I had disabled all features in my antivirus (F-Secure) software. Not sure if this might have contributed in a positive way. 

Archived