Orbx Central unable to load true earth regions

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  X-Plane 11

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Unable to download True Earth regions

I have been trying to download all TE Regions for the past week without success although I have downloaded all airports have downloaded without problem. When I download a region and it eventually says it is installed but when I check the download, very few of the ortho tiles have loaded. I click verify files and it runs and appears to load more files. Eventually verify files is ticked but when I once more checked the file, only a few more orthos have been added and there is still a lot missing.

I tried to find the .log file but could not so I have attached a photo of what I do have so perhaps you can let me know what I am doing wrong.

Kind regards

Ian S

Screenshot (43).png

15 hours ago, Museumkeeper said:

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  X-Plane 11

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Unable to download True Earth regions

I have been trying to download all TE Regions for the past week without success although I have downloaded all airports have downloaded without problem. When I download a region and it eventually says it is installed but when I check the download, very few of the ortho tiles have loaded. I click verify files and it runs and appears to load more files. Eventually verify files is ticked but when I once more checked the file, only a few more orthos have been added and there is still a lot missing.

I tried to find the .log file but could not so I have attached a photo of what I do have so perhaps you can let me know what I am doing wrong.

Kind regards

Ian S

Screenshot (43).png

I have now found log  and attach for your attention

Kind regards

Ian S

central.log

Hi Ian,

From your log it looks like you were migrating not actually downloading TE GB Central in which case Central will download a few files, but these are just updates of some sort. When I migrated my TE products Central did not set up the symbolic links, so I went into the Central Settings selected Help and then pressed 'Sync Simulator'. This then created all the missing Symbolic links and all was well again.

Hope this helps,

John

1 hour ago, JohnVulcan said:

Hi Ian,

From your log it looks like you were migrating not actually downloading TE GB Central in which case Central will download a few files, but these are just updates of some sort. When I migrated my TE products Central did not set up the symbolic links, so I went into the Central Settings selected Help and then pressed 'Sync Simulator'. This then created all the missing Symbolic links and all was well again.

Hope this helps,

John

I attach new .log as you are correct, after a week of trying I downloaded central in FTX Central and linked it over to Orbx Central.

I have now tried TE North with same failure and when I finished download I verified file. It showed a tick but when I loaded Sim, it failed.

What am I doing wrong ?

Tried to copy Central.log but it is 12.2 mb long so I could not send it.

Kind regards

Ian S

From the feedback on this forum it looks like trying to go back to FTX.Central after using ORBX Central has caused problems for many users. 

Are you saying that TE GB Central is working now?  

Where are the TE GB North files located? If they are in an external folder and not in the X-Plane Custom Scenery folder, then are the necessary symbolic links in the  Custom Scenery folder for the TE scenery? If not then then running the Sync Simulator as I suggested might still resolve the issue. 

Regards,

John

Hi Ian,

From the last line of your log file, it looks like Central was still in the process of copying your scenery into a library:

2019-08-15T08:33:54.906Z [INFO] [Saturn] - gbr-central-xp11: 14.64% Migrating 4345 of 29676 files

Can you please send us the following file?

H:\True Earth Library\xp11\TrueEarth Great Britain Central\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom\convert.json

57 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Ian,

From the last line of your log file, it looks like Central was still in the process of copying your scenery into a library:

2019-08-15T08:33:54.906Z [INFO] [Saturn] - gbr-central-xp11: 14.64% Migrating 4345 of 29676 files

H:\True Earth Library\xp11\TrueEarth Great Britain Central\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom\convert.json

Hi Ben

Following John"s advice regarding having  FTX Central and Orbx Central installed at same time, I deleted both as well as all Orbx software, checked app/data to make sure nothing left and rebooted computer.

I then installed Orbx Central and using it, downloaded OrbxLibs and TE GB Central. When I completed this, I verified file.

Even though download showed 16.2GB download, by the time I verified this, there is now only 4.39gb left.

I have attached file as requested and hope you can help me.;

Kind regards

Ian S

convert.json

Thank you for sending that file, Ian.

Can you please also go into your H:\True Earth Library\xp11\TrueEarth Great Britain Central\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures folder and perform a search for *.DDS.

How many files does the search result in?

image.png

On 8/16/2019 at 12:24 PM, Ben McClintock said:

Can you please also go into your H:\True Earth Library\xp11\TrueEarth Great Britain Central\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures folder and perform a search for *.DDS.

image.png

Hi Ben

After over a week of trying everything to change to Orbx Central I have finally wiped Orbx Central from my computer and restored FTX Central. I will now have to wait for you to fix the problem.

This also means that, regretfully, I can no longer purchase any more scenery from you as  your recent releases require  Orbx Central.

With regards

Ian S

On 8/16/2019 at 11:03 AM, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Ian,

Hello again Ben,

Contrary to my previous post, I have not given up on Orbx Central, I cannot, giving up on a problem is not in my nature.

I have reloaded my scenery except Washington and TE GB South using FTX Central.All loaded fine, Regions as well as Airports.

I then loaded Orbx Central and when asked, deleted FTX Central. All so far seemed fine and everything was in the correct place.

I then asked Orbx Central to download TE GB South and while I waited, I opened the TE GB South Ortho file and watched the JPG files loading while keeping an eye on the total files being written. The total written amounted to just on 27gb.

Orbx Central then began the (cleaning up) of the download and almost immediately, all the JPG files began to disappear leaving only the PNG files.

Next I asked Orbx Central to verify file and after it had run the check, it began to load files again. I went back to TE GB South Ortho file and it was loading the JPG files again. I watched this until the download finished and as soon as it said it was cleaning up file, all the JPG files disappeared until again only PNG files remained.

I do hope above information can help you resolve this error.

Kind regards

Ian S

Screenshot (46).jpg

Screenshot (47).jpg

On 8/16/2019 at 12:24 PM, Ben McClintock said:

image.png

Hi Ben

Just to let you know I think I have found problem. I uninstalled Mcafee Web Protect and Virus Protect, replacing them with default Windows security and Orbx Central now works fine.

I now have all my software once more installed and have just purchased True Earth US Oregon and installed it without problem.

Thanks for your help

Kind regards

Ian S

Archived