Why not returning to FTX Central v3?

edpatino

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 7

Simulator:  P3Dv4.5 hf1

Screenshot:  None

Issue:  Functionality of ORBX Central

I suggest ORBX to pin a post intended to everybody who installed ORBX Central with a link to download FTX Central v3 and a brief explanation on how to re-install it without trouble, and then uninstall ORBX Central. It would be a temporary measure while all the problems with the functionality of ORBX Central have been tested and resolved.

Think about it. That way you'll have less pressure to fully test your new software that looks excellent, but it's not working as expected.

Cheers, Ed

We need support to indicate URGENTLY the right procedure to revert to version 3, many did that successfully apparently but not all of us have the knowledge to accomplish that without problems, I asked for assistance in another post, but did not get any and find myself now having version 3 and all my products re-downloaded and re-installed but with the same lengthy loading times as with v4 whereas before 2 to 3 minutes were sufficient...

Here is what I did (please correct, add, whatever is necessary):

1. Uninstalled one by one all products on v4
  2. Clear any remaining files in the ORBX Libraries
  3. Un-installed v4 through Windows 10
  4. Installed FTX v3
  5. Download and installation of all products
  6. All sceneries are correctly aligned and Vector properly configured as it was before
  7. Force Migration
  8. Checked scenery library with P4AO, and found that everything was correctly ordered as it was before
  9. Started P3D, loaded  a scenario and ... find myself with a freeze progress bar at 69% like with v4, 

It is evident from the above that something is missing or has not beed removed in version 4 leading to this situation.

Can we please urgently have a pinned post from ORBX detailing how we should go about this process so as to get back to our normal operation with version 3.

Thank you.

The way I went back to FTX Central 3 was to do it all afresh, from the scratch. I didn't want to have any remnant of the massacre and carnage left by ORBX Central 4. So I removed all orbx and non-orbx addons, fully uninstalled P3D and started from the beginning, and installed FTX Central 3 right after installing P3D. Things went back to how it used to be: start up scenario screen appears in less than a minute, and takes less than a minute to go from there to the cockpit. I'm not having any issue at the moment.

Finally I could locate the culprits, two leftovers xml regarding two files which P3D was trying to load to no avail of course. I could eliminate them and I am now back to normal loading times as it was before, within less than two minutes, quite a relief with the nasty situation created by v4!... The same was also causing a freeze of Aivlasoft EFB which - along with P4AO - lead me to the culprits. This was really a week of hassle for nothing, but I learned my lesson for future releases, I shall wait and read fora before making any move, I usually do that for any payware but never suspected that ORBX would release their very own selling platform, which their business relies upon, with so many vicious bugs!

On 8/14/2019 at 3:57 PM, edpatino said:

Operating system:  Windows 7

Simulator:  P3Dv4.5 hf1

Screenshot:  None

Issue:  Functionality of ORBX Central

I suggest ORBX to pin a post intended to everybody who installed ORBX Central with a link to download FTX Central v3 and a brief explanation on how to re-install it without trouble, and then uninstall ORBX Central. It would be a temporary measure while all the problems with the functionality of ORBX Central have been tested and resolved.

Think about it. That way you'll have less pressure to fully test your new software that looks excellent, but it's not working as expected.

Cheers, Ed

Hi! You are absolutelly right! ORBX have to do it! We paid for the the product that works, but not for be a beta-testers!

We need to have a proper way to uninstall ORBX central and install an older FTX3. And i suppose ORBX have a time to make a post regarding it, cause a lot of flightsimmers here, who have there flightsimulators frozen. Hope it will be done in a new future.

And also regarding support-im waiting for a several days for the answer at my post..its not a good service to be franky.

Archived