Re Migrate option

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

@Mitchell Williamson Is there any way to allow re-migration from a previously migrated location to another one? The migrate option only appears once  and after you have initially migrated a product and does not allow either a reversion back to it's original location nor to yet another location. I had "migrated"my TEGB series from its original location of Custom Scenery in the XP directory to a 4TB drive. The drive is too slow for TEGB and I wanted to move it (remigrate) to an alternative drive. With no Migrate option appearing I had to cut and paste the TEGBs to the new drive. Now of course Orbx Central is showing as not installed. There must be some kind of Log that Orbx Central reads to determine the installed locations. I want to access that log if it exists, to correct the new location. This is because there is no further Migrate option once you have migrated one time. The TEGBs now show as not installed so will not be auto updated. I also need to remove the need to completely reinstall them.

Nick Cooper wrote a process  for letting Orbx Central see an new/revised location, but I couldn't follow it successfully. It should be a simple enough procedure to edit  installed product locations.

Can you help?

Thanks

Operating system:  W10

Simulator:  XP

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Hi!

The easiest way to do this is to create a new library on your desired drive. Once you've done this, place the TrueEarth GB folder from the old library into the new library. For example:

• C:/Orbx/xp11/TrueEarth GB South
  • would become
  • D:/Orbx/xp11/TrueEarth GB South

As long as the product is placed in the xp11 folder of the new library, Orbx Central will pick it up. You may need to run 'Sync Simulator' under Settings, Help for the symlinks to be updated.

Archived