Have you ever.

Dadtom65

Had a nice flight in Xplane this morning around Washington and looking good until I decided to land at a near airport KPLU as I was getting short on fuel. So thought I need to slow down a bit and went to lower the flaps a notch forgetting I had programmed it on my X56 and instead pressed F7. Aaah no engine. Do you think I could remember what it was to restart the engine, shift E no, getting lower to the ground then control shift E yes . Has anybody else had that sinking feeling. Derek.

Hi Derek. Had a similar  experience on my wife's birthday.  Got her perfume only to be told she already has enough and why did I do that? Then I remembered she wanted a CD but I couldn't recall the artist she wanted and took a punt on Ed Sheeran forgetting she already has him on her iPhone. Do you think I could remember what it was she originally hinted that she fancied for her special day? Perfume? No. Ed? No. Feeling a tad desperate and closer to the cold shoulder it came to me . Shift CW. CURLY WURLY!! Birthday rescued and me making a perfect cheap landing.  It's perfume on anniversaries and chocolate on birthdays. D'oh!

Cheers

Graeme :)

I had that sinking feeling when learning to fly Class 2 microlight in NZ many years ago. One of my very early solos, lost a spark plug above tiger country more miles from the airfield than I should have been (ahem!). I got back ok on reduced power, but it wasn't a comfortable flight ... especially given the very low cruise speed and distance ... seemed like a lifetime. Then to top it all off, I called the 'emergency' landing on local traffic and on very short final some idiot taxied onto the runway. Lucky I was running slow, but I was pretty darned annoyed. Learned a lot that day!

Archived