Problems helipad LOIU scene LOWI

Hello,

The helipad LOIU cannot be accessed via the menu but can be reached when flying. The problem is that landing is not possible as the platform is not solid. Floating houses are also present in the vicinity of this helipad (see screenshot). Perhaps some tunings may solve these problems ?

Thank you for explanations.

Best regards

g.rio

LOWI_P3Dv4_floating_houses.jpg

Hi there, 

No start location for LOIU is correct - under certain conditions in P3D, having a start location can cause unexpected elevation issues - this is why I decided not include it. That said, a community member created a start location file that many people use. This file can be found here:

Regarding the floating houses - unfortunately this is a long-known bug with the core FSX and P3D engines. A temporary in-sim fix is to refresh your scenery mid-flight (easiest way to do this is to shift one scenery item in the scenery library), which usually re-sets the building heights. The bug is often aggravated by high-resolution meshes (such as included with LOWI), which is why you can more often see it in some mountain airport sceneries. 

Unrelated tip; we always recommend disabling speedtrees in P3D; you will get better performance, more accurate tree placements (particularly with Orbx products) and most importantly, much better looking trees. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hello,

Thank you for explanations but I have not completely understood what you mean by shifting one scenery : is it move up/down or disabling for a session. I read the link you proposed : the InnsbruckHelipads.zip file is no more available but if I have well understood (not sure) installing the content of this file will not solve the problem of starting from or landing on LOIU : it is only for navigation ?

Best regards

g.rio

Archived