Problem with LOIU heliport in the LOWI scene

Hello,

In the manual it is written this helipad can be accessed through the LOWI menu. In fact not (I have not found). When flying to the corresponding location the helipad on the roof of the hospital is quite visible but it is not possible to land on it. Why ?

Thank you very much for explanations.

Best regards

g.rio

PS in the vicinity of the hospital I also have noticed some floating houses.

G'day there, 

1. For LOIU, this should be accessed as a heli start location from LOWI - could you post a screenshot of what your LOWI start up parking options looks like? 

2. Could you please post a screenshot of the floating houses you see? 

Many thanks,

Jarrad

Hello again,

In fact the floating houses were for LOWI P3Dv4 (I'm testing ORBX LOWI with P3D, XP11 and AFS2). At the moment I have not found floating houses with XP11 : I hope it will be the same in the future. LOIU problem is the same with P3D. I think I have to post on P3D.

Best regards

g.rio

G'day again, 

The parking map you are showing is not our custom one for LOWI - do you have another version of LOWI (Justsim etc) that may need to uninstalled? If not, could you please attach a copy of your sscenery_packs.ini so that we can have a look? 

Regarding your P3D floating houses - I'll answer this in the separate topic you started. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hello,

In my Custom Scenery a browser "LOWI Demo area" was still present. After suppression the menu is given in the screenshot and the starting or arrival location is now very fine. I have not well understood what is the difference between this helipad (Uni Klinik) and the one I was looking for (LOIU). I guess there is no difference ?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

LOWI_menu2 (2).jpg

Hello again,

To explain a little more my questionning below is a screenshot of what I was thinking to be LOIU (the rectangle with a circle). It does not look like Uni Klinik and is also present in both sceneries (XP11 and P3D).

Excuse me if I'm confusing.

Best regards

g.rio

LOIU_FSFC (2).jpg

On 8/10/2019 at 4:07 AM, rio gerard said:

Hello,

In my Custom Scenery a browser "LOWI Demo area" was still present. After suppression the menu is given in the screenshot and the starting or arrival location is now very fine. I have not well understood what is the difference between this helipad (Uni Klinik) and the one I was looking for (LOIU). I guess there is no difference ?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

LOWI_menu2 (2).jpg

Hello again, the shot you have posted above is correct - this "Uni Klinik" will start you at the hospital. For a couple of reasons, we decided to include the start location as part of the LOWI airport information, rather than giving it's true ICAO (LOIU)

On 8/10/2019 at 5:23 AM, rio gerard said:

Hello again,

To explain a little more my questionning below is a screenshot of what I was thinking to be LOIU (the rectangle with a circle). It does not look like Uni Klinik and is also present in both sceneries (XP11 and P3D).

Excuse me if I'm confusing.

Best regards

g.rio

The area you have taken a photo of is unfortunately not a helipad - though it very much looks like one! In real life, this building is the Tirol Panorama Museum, and the circle is a round section of glass within the roof. The real LOIU heliport is located about 1km north - it is on the roof of one of the tallest buildings in the city. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

• 1 month later...

Archived