UK Airports

I have had trouble properly using AES and particularly UK2000 UK airports. So, again, I completely uninstalled all of my FSX and add-ons including orbx.

I then reinstalled FSX and orbx using your new version of orbx Central Setup installation. It takes hours of course but afterwards I then installed two AES and UK2000 airports. Of course I used Vector configure to make sure the airports were ok and it showed none that were disabled. So I then opened up my AES Manchester airport EGCC and also my UK2000 Southend airport EGMC and they were perfect!

Now this morning I also installed two more UK2000 airports, Edinburgh EGPH and Glasgow EGPF and as always, afterwards, I opened up orbx Central Setup and something (I think it was the Base Pack) automatically downloaded and installed. I used Vector configure again to make sure the airports were ok and it showed none that were disabled again.

But, they are ALL disabled! Please see the attached photos.

Please advise. Thank you!

Ian Carruthers

AES MANCHESTER EGCC 2.jpg

AES MANCHESTER EGCC.jpg

UK2000 EDINBURGH EGPH 2.jpg

UK2000 EDINBURGH EGPH.jpg

UK2000 GLASGOW EGPF 2.jpg

UK2000 GLASGOW EGPF.jpg

UK2000 SOUTHEND EGMC.jpg

UK2000 SOUTHEND EGMC2.jpg

Hi!

Do you have any other Orbx products installed?

Within the Vector AEC tool are you letting it automatically detect installed products, or are you manually typing them in to be disabled? If you’re trying to do it automatically, can you try disabling one of the airports by manually entering the ICAO in the AEC tool. Let us know how you go and we’ll try to identify the issue from there.

Hi!

Thank you for your reply. I have all of the following Orbx products installed on my FSX:

GLOBAL

Base Pack

Buildings HD

Trees HD

Vector

openLCEurope

REGIONS

Australia v2

England

Germany North

Germany South

Ireland

Northern Ireland

Norway

Scotland

Wales

Iceland Demo

CITIES

Gold Coast

Orlando

AIRPORTS

Welshpool Airport

Compton Abbas Airfield

Southampton Airport

Shoreham (Brighton) Airport

Damyns Hall Aerodrome

Sumburgh Airport

Elstree Aerodrome

Stockholme Arlanda Airport

Dubrovnik Airport

Pula Airport

Bilbao Airport

Brisbane International Airport

Gold Coast Airport

Melbourne International Airport

MISC

First Person Mode

SimObject Display Engine

OTHER

Libraries

As you can see I have bought a lot of Orbx products and the sceneries are amazing! Whenever I install anything I always open up my FSX, so it is fully installed, and then I use VECTOR/Configure/Airport Elevation Corrections/Run Auto-Configuration/Manual Configuration. Before today, with this new Orbx Central, no installed AEC disabled airports were shown. Whenever I uninstall an airport I do the same within VECTOR. So through your advice I uninstalled my AES Manchester EGCC (used VECTOR) and then reinstalled it (used VECTOR) and for a change the AES Manchester EGCC and now was shown as disabled! So I used the Manual Configuration to enable it and it worked today, excellently! I have noticed that Orbx Central has been reinstalling itself so obviously it has improved! So because of that I uninstalled three of my UK2000 airports Edinburgh EGPH, Glasgow EGPF and Southend EGMC (used VECTOR) and then reinstalled them (used VECTOR). None of them were shown as disabled on Manual Configuration but when I opened up those airports on my FSX they were just the same as the photos I originally sent to Nick. So now it seems to be just the UK2000 airports that become a problem but before I installed Orbx they were fine. Any advice for this Mitchell?

Thank you!

Ian

Hi Mitchell

Hurray! It is now working perfectly! I was using the original Orbx Central 4.0.0 and I didn't hear about any improvement to it. But I found the new 4.0.4 and downloaded/installed it and now all the airports (UK2000) are installing properly.

So relieved as I am disabled, stuck in a wheelchair so using my Flight Sim is important to me.

Thanks Mitchell

Regards

Ian

Archived