Can we have precise, clear, step by step, install instructions

mwa05

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  W10

Simulator:  P3Dv4.5 (Hotfix)

Screenshot:  Non 

Issue:  Lack of precise, detailed, installation instructions.

Hi Everyone,

The launch of this seems to be less than optimal. There are no precise, clear, step by step instructions for the installation of Central.

I do not wish to migrate to the XML method. I use add on managers that work for me.

I want to know how to install the new tool, and not have it change my Scenery.cfg for existing products or its order. I want my Scenery.cfg to be the same, with the same insertion points, but receive the updates for products that I own.

In other words, what are the steps, in detail to install  the new tool but remain for now at the status quo, as FTX Central is not capturing and displaying the updates (i.e. Australian Airports for AUS V2).

Thank you.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Orbx Central will work with all the products you've installed with FTX Central 3 out of the box.

1 minute ago, mwa05 said:

I do not wish to migrate to the XML method. I use add on managers that work for me.

You'll only be required to use add-on.xml for new products, your installed products will work fine as they are.

2 minutes ago, mwa05 said:

I want to know how to install the new tool, and not have it change my Scenery.cfg for existing products or its order. I want my Scenery.cfg to be the same, with the same insertion points, but receive the updates for products that I own.

You'll just need to set the insertion points in settings to match the ones you have in FTX Central 3.

Thank you, I have now installed the new product.

i can’t see it reported elsewhere however I have found the following issues - 

1. YBAS does not update to v 1.1.0. It never completes.

2. NSTU has lost its control panel.

3. NZQN has lost its control panel.

4. YMEN has lost its control panel.

Suggestions

Please reinstate the option to display only those products you have installed.

Kind regards,

Mark

Guest Josh Koz
1 hour ago, mwa05 said:

1. YBAS does not update to v 1.1.0. It never completes.

Can you restart Central to see see if this issue persists? And if so can you attach your central.log file.

5 hours ago, Josh Koz said:

Can you restart Central to see see if this issue persists? And if so can you attach your central.log file.

Hi Josh,

Thank you the reply. I did restart and even rebooted last night to no avail. However, I have tried again today and it has updated so go figure.

Re the control panels not working for the three airports I have just fixed that this afternoon by deleting the contents of the Scenery folder for each airport (to avoid duplicate files due to the .off and then non functioning control panels) and then running a verify files. That worked and I was able to then reset them to how I like them. 

Why all all of the other regions / airports worked (and I have almost all of them) I don’t know.

Thanks,

Mark

Archived