Change of Policy question

Jon Clarke

I fully understand the new Orbx policy regarding the termination of cross platform 40% discount on products owned for one sim and being purchased for another sim.

I do however query whether or not a discount would be offered on a different version of an addon for the same sim? The recent topic of ZL16 versions of TE addons may fit into that category potentially, in particular in relation to XP where the downloads are of a greater GB than for P3D, and that factor being one of the primary reasons for the topic.

No result of the discussion has been announced but it appeared to conclude that both the existing ZL17 and proposed ZL16 options would be winners. JV mentioned his concern about users/buyers downloading both versions for comparison reasons and therefore affecting bandwidth costs, but if the products were priced as separate entities then bandwidth costs should be covered (to an unknown degree). So in the case of 2 options for one Scenery, would a discount for the alternative version be offered, if indeed Orbx decided to offer 2 versions of the same Scenery for the same Sim? I can see the possibility of seeing what one version was like and deciding in the end that the "other" version would suit the buyers requirements better, i.e. HDD space versus Zoom Level detail.

Archived