ORBX central, no ORBX ObjectFlow folder

so after installing ORBX Central, it asked me to uninstall ftx central to avoid conflicts so i clicked on ''yes" and it got rid of ftx central for me, but I am facing 2 issues now,

1. there is no orbx object flow where it used to be i.e the addon.xml is present in my p3daddons but the file path in the xml which leads to objectflow is no more valid screenshots below

2. I now have 2 entries in my scenery.cfg of orbx libraries..one is from addons.cml and one is manual what has to be done about this? I tried uninstalling and re installing and manually deleting the manual orbx librsscenery insertion but installing it again creates them..(screenshot below)

also the sharurah entry should it be replace with bathymetry? or left as it is?

Prepar3D_5SRhpnGKDd.thumb.png.78b618106bc391404c4fcc32694ba515.png)

499945618_notepad_lI85cPasIc.png.aa57ca1a5aeca64090b04a4c98e1acb5.png

explorer_kSE3iqt5TH.thumb.png.34b8aa0485925434b5230963ec0b5964.pngfirefox_IMOEFSW0lL.thumb.png.4cf5a4f6b39f9d6b69763af34878cd1f.png274467186_notepad_3B0g0Tkbdc.png.02ec1374e9acd939ceb651dbee889f21.png

Hi!

11 hours ago, FlyHardiQ said:

1. there is no orbx object flow where it used to be i.e the addon.xml is present in my p3daddons but the file path in the xml which leads to objectflow is no more valid screenshots below

You can delete the Orbx ObjectFlow 2 folder in Prepar3D v4 Add-ons. Orbx Central will install an updated version of ObjectFlow into a library when it is required by a product.

2. I now have 2 entries in my scenery.cfg of orbx libraries..one is from addons.cml and one is manual what has to be done about this? I tried uninstalling and re installing and manually deleting the manual orbx librsscenery insertion but installing it again creates them..(screenshot below)

The add-on.xml is the only one that is required, however the FTXAA_ORBXLIBS folder still needs to exist as that is where the ObjectFlow configuration file is located. To delete the scenery.cfg entry, you may need to delete the 'scenerylib_FTXAA_ORBXLIBS.cfg' file that is in P3D/ORBX/Scripts. This should be done automatically, so I've noted this to be investigated.

also the sharurah entry should it be replace with bathymetry? or left as it is?

You can leave that as it is, it should still work fine

2 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi!

You can delete the Orbx ObjectFlow 2 folder in Prepar3D v4 Add-ons. Orbx Central will install an updated version of ObjectFlow into a library when it is required by a product.

The add-on.xml is the only one that is required, however the FTXAA_ORBXLIBS folder still needs to exist as that is where the ObjectFlow configuration file is located. To delete the scenery.cfg entry, you may need to delete the 'scenerylib_FTXAA_ORBXLIBS.cfg' file that is in P3D/ORBX/Scripts. This should be done automatically, so I've noted this to be investigated.

You can leave that as it is, it should still work fine

okay so coming to point No. 2, is this the config file we are talking about? the addon.xml seems to be empty screen shot - 7WC4Ttb.png93PcbFM.png

Just now, FlyHardiQ said:

could you please tell me what products require objectflow? so that I can be sure that there is no such bug of orbxflow not installing..I currently have ORBX Global Base, OLC EU, Trees HD, orbx libs, orbs lights config

Most airport and region products require it. I don't believe any of the Global range need it.

14 minutes ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Some files required for compatibility with Orbx Central and the inclusion of the Global Lights Config tool.

also in the next update of orbx central, could you get rid of orbx lights configurator from the menu if one has orbx global base installed? since configure option in orbx global base leads to light configurator..

4 minutes ago, FlyHardiQ said:

also in the next update of orbx central, could you get rid of orbx lights configurator from the menu if one has orbx global base installed? since configure option in orbx global base leads to light configurator..

It will be removed once FTX Central 3 reaches end-of-life, as it is still required to be visible for it to work in FTX Central 3 . I've added a note on the description for lights configurator with details on its current location.

4 minutes ago, FlyHardiQ said:

deleted FTX Trees since i migrated? and have global trees HD instead now?

It should be okay to delete that folder.

Archived