Checkboxes for AU V2 in FTXC

Some days ago I installed the latest FTXC which is in beta at the moment (V4?). But I have had some trouble, especially I wasn't able to use or activate objectflow 2. So I decided to deinstall it and switch back to FTX V3. Everything is fine again, just one thing makes me wonder. In FTXC, opening the cp for my AU-airports (I copied the updates for V2 in the appropriate folders), there is a checkbox for AU V2. Checking it a green sign appears. After closing the cp and reopen it the checkbox is empty like before. But the responsible file in the sceneryfolder is active now instead off so the file and the scenery is working correctly. But is it right that the green angle for AU V2 disappears? The green angles of other checkboxes are staying permanently.

Kai

I had this problem last week. The fix was to look in Orbx Au5 Scenery folder (Not sure of the exact name) and locate files which were turned off and had a file extn something like "off by ystw",  there's not many. I can't remember the exact words but if you see them you will recognise them. Rename them to get back to their proper names. Again it is obvious when you see the files. Back up these files so in the event of failure, you can go back. I know my instructions are vague, but the file extns are obvious.

One other thing I did to return to "all things FTX Central" was to uninstall each airport using FTX Central and reload from a FTX Central backup which was stored on my computer. Following that I copied the individual Orbx Au2 airport updates, as required. It was a long task but it worked. You might not need to perform this task.

Good luck

Ian

5 hours ago, IW001 said:

One other thing I did to return to "all things FTX Central" was to uninstall each airport using FTX Central and reload from a FTX Central backup which was stored on my computer. Following that I copied the individual Orbx Au2 airport updates, as required. It was a long task but it worked. You might not need to perform this task.

Thank you Ian,

that's what I did; please have a look in the other thread Nick was telling too. Except YSTW and YBBN everything is alright now. Only these two airports are making these troubles. Files like you meant I couldn't find unfortunately.

Kai

When I originally installed YBBN & YSTW, both were downloaded using FTX Central and I chose to save a backup to my computer. After my foray into Orbx Central, I reinstalled YBBN & YSTW from those backups. This is still possible if you have re-installed FTX Central. In my opinion uninstalling, then re-installing gets us back to the original, pre-Au2 versions of those airports. FTX Central is only looking to ensure our scenery folder(s) are precise copies of what it says are the original files. That sounds a bit double Dutch. If any of our airport files are not a match for FTX Central's version, then the Au2 Tick Box will not save the Tick (setting).

Orbx/FTX_AU/FTXAU2_05_Scenery is where you need to look.

In this folder I had one YSTW_Windsock.xml turned off by YSTW and a few other files with similar extensions. Note that after applying the Au2 fix, there will still some files showing OFF, but not showing xxx.off by YSTW.

Unfortunately I didn't keep a detailed record of my edits, due to the late hour of my work.

Ian

Archived