Scenery Order

There seem to be lots of new scenery library entries with the introduction of Orbx Central.

Lots of STUB entries, zBase, extra libraries, etc etc, none of which I remember from FTX Central 3.

I have attached my library, duplicates have been renamed by adding "dup" then a description of where the entry originates.

Any comments on the positions of the entries? Should I be moving things further?

Should TrueEarth stuff sit on top of regional stuff, eg TE-GBSouth above FTX-EU-England etc? Should OPENLCzbase entries go above or below the OPENLCbase one?

And slightly off topic, but does anyone know what software renames the scenery file in the 0907 folder to stop it from being read by P3D? Is it FSGlobal?

Any comments / comparisons much appreciated.

Charlie K

Library.png

That screenshot tells me you are using the Lorby-Si Addon Organizer - which means if you have auto-layer enabled it is going to seriously mess up the layers that Orbx have declared in their  xml files. 

Personally I would not try moving anything around for the moment - if it works let it be - even if does look like an awful mess.

12 hours ago, Charlie Kilo said:

Lots of STUB entries, zBase, extra libraries, etc etc, none of which I remember from FTX Central 3.

The stubs are files that originally went in P3D/Scenery/World and similar locations.

12 hours ago, Charlie Kilo said:

Any comments on the positions of the entries? Should I be moving things further?

Central should place everything in the correct location by default - this is what we've been testing with and refining. I don't spot any major issues at first glance in the screenshot you've provided. We're adding a fix for duplicate scenery titles in the next update as well.

I've not previously used Lorby-Si Addon Organizer, so I can't comment on Orbx entries are handled by it. I'll need to download it and play around with it later this week to see if there is any advice we can give regarding its compatibility with our layering.

To quote the developer " the P4AO automatically adds layer tags to all scenery components in all the add-on.xml files anyway"

That is whether you want them or not !

It also seems to change existing numbers so they run sequentially....this has caught me out a few times.

Some of the orbx scenery layers seem to have no layer declared so that they automatically they rise to the top.

The grouping function is excellent....but the automatic layering is overly intrusive. Be aware it is set "On" by default.

Hi Tony,

If P4AO automatically adds an individual layer tag to each scenery layer, can you advise what problems this may cause, provided the layer number itself isn't duplicated (ie they're sequential)?

I don't have enough knowledge about this subject to see what problems this can cause.

Thanks,

Charlie K

9 hours ago, Beldwick said:

Even though in ORBX Central I have set an insertion point to be not at the top of the stack, I still see come entries there.

How can I fix it?

There are some entries (in particular Orbx Libraries and Global Base, along with some correction files) which aren't layered and remain at the top of the library. This is normal behaviour for these products.

On 7/30/2019 at 12:16 PM, Mitchell Williamson said:

The stubs are files that originally went in P3D/Scenery/World and similar locations.

Central should place everything in the correct location by default - this is what we've been testing with and refining. I don't spot any major issues at first glance in the screenshot you've provided. We're adding a fix for duplicate scenery titles in the next update as well.

I've not previously used Lorby-Si Addon Organizer, so I can't comment on Orbx entries are handled by it. I'll need to download it and play around with it later this week to see if there is any advice we can give regarding its compatibility with our layering.

Hi Mitchell,

I am keen to hear your findings too. I have Lorby-Si Addon Organizer and all the ORBX entries are also similiar to Charlie K.

Regards,

Mario

Archived