EGLC excessive VRAM usage

Hi,

With the texture quality at "maximum", im getting almost 21GB vram usage at EGLC as shown in the screenshot. This results to stuttering and freezing when panning, or when on approach to the airport.

With the texture at "High" im only getting 8gb, which is well within the vram of my 2080ti and I get no stutters. I never had this issue before installing EGLC, even with texture quality on maximum I had relatively good performance with no stutters.

I would just like to ask, why is there a 13GB VRAM usage gap between the two settings? Granted I also have TE GB South but, the scenery is unusable on my end with texture quality on maximum. It is in only this airport that I have experienced this and I have never had to set my texture quality lower than maximum in any scenery before. 286827007_JF_Duchess_76-2019-07-278_45_38AM.thumb.png.d01e1e0f4a3cda2fb1d133b3349f5aa9.png

Yes, at Maximum texture level it is absolutely a stutter&freeze nightmare, vram usage out of scope , but it works smooth as silk at High level on my 2080 (8 GB VRAM) as recommended by the user guide.

To be honest, as I spend very little time on the ground, there is no noticeable difference between Maximum and High, but my old eyes might deceive me.

Once more Orbx hasn't failed to come up with my expectations.

If you have less than 11Gb VRAM you really need to set your texture slider to no more than High, otherwise you will get stutters from  the textures swapping between RAM and VRAM. You wont be able to see the difference in orbx scenery anyway, its only default stuff that tends to look a little worse at less than a High setting.

Archived