Black patches in water

Lately I am getting a lot of black patches in rivers and lakes. As I get closer to them some of them change to actual water. This is a relatively new issue, I have tried detuning my graphics settings with no improvement. Anyone have any suggestions on this? 

Hi TDog

In FTX Central, go to Vector tab and then to its control tab, then in water futures be sure to not ticketed the frozen surface (in winter only) like this:

e8iW5ag.jpg

Also some sceneries are affected by this same issue when  in the Orbx region that contains the scenery /airport has the open water in winter ticked.

For example despite I had not ticked the water future in vector my Cle Elum showed those black or darker colors in the rivers and lakes and it was due because the future (open water in winter ) was ticked in the rocky mountains region so I was told to clear it and the issue was fixed in Cle Elum

dKaXDCt.jpg

When I want to see frozen water in Cle Elum again (in winter) I have to tick the future in the control panel of the CRM Central Rockies again

Vector future has to be always not selected.

I mentioned the Cle Elum as you were not specific of the area where you were having the issue so it is as a complement if your case is similar but I think your issue will get solved just by not ticking the future in Vector tab.

Cheers

Carlos

Thanks for the reply and advise.

I did as you suggested and it solved the black water problem. I went on two different flights of about an hour each in places where there are rivers and I had experienced this problem and it was all good.

Fly on.

Archived