Stewart (CZST) after Buildings

Hello to all:

I recently (two weeks ago), installed the new Global Buildings HD product.

Since, I have noticed that while the town now has nice buildings, all the beautifully detailed buildings that were in the Stewart (CZST) airport scenery, are gone.

The runway is very blurry.

My a/c, as well as the default C172's are floating in the air a foot or so over the runway.

Does anybody else experience this. And if yes, have you managed to resolve it?

Thank you

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Windows 7

P3D v4.5 (fully updated)

• Doug Sawatzky changed the title to Stewart (CZST) after Buildings

Hi Roberto

I have Buildings HD installed and my CZST is perfectly fine, so it is highly unlikely the Global Buildings HD product is causing your issue.

Please post a copy of your scenery.cfg file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Thanks

It may not have anything to do with your issue, but I would move all your 3rd party non Orbx addons to the top of your scenery library using the insertion point tool in FTXC3 as per the below linked instructions. Then I would run a "Verify Files" for your CZST product from within FTXC3.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Hello Doug:

I did what you suggested and there are some "good" results.

All the lush vegetation, moving with the wind has returned.

The runway now looks OK.

But the airport's buildings have not. I attach a couple of screenshots. In one, the aircraft is seen floating above the ground with a number of strange objects around it (look like cubes, maybe are supposed to be stones)

The second, shows that nice "fella" still walking around, although the buildings are not there.

The third, shows a default scenery airplane also "floating".

Thanks again,

Roberto

PS: The quality of the photos is terrible, because I have a three-screen set up and it is difficult for me to chose the area I want to shoot. So I take the photo with my cell phone, but I hope the photos give you the idea of the issues I am facing.

uy3zC1B.jpg

VOYApC5.jpg

qPCVchp.jpg

Hello Doug!

I will start with a big apology.

In going to check the mesh resolution, I noticed that the Scenery Objects sliders, were too far to the left ..... 

While I could say that "I don't know how that happened", it is obvious that I must have done it in the recent past. I just can't recall why.

All is well. The graffiti-covered walls are there; the hangars, the "fella" is now walking to his truck!

Thank you for your patience and sticking with me.

I am happy.

Many regards,

Roberto

Archived