EGNX stutter?

swannyuk

Hi all,

Just a quick one, anyone else getting terrible stuttering at East Mids?

I just  purchased and installed but when looking around and flying I'm getting some half second pauses/stuttering.

First time I've had this issue with any Orbx add-on scenery. (I'm running South and central)

Specs - SSD, I7 8700k, 16gb ram and a GTX1080. Settings for antialiasing are full as even one notch lower and the shimmering on the airport textures becomes horrible.

Tried with default planes and a few add on ones, stuttering disappears or is greatly reduced the further out I go from the airport. I need more time to test other airports as this is the first time I've run X-plane after a load of ORBX updates came through but just wanted to see if anyone else issues all of a sudden?

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

I had similar at EGLC testing and the solution was found in a Google search:  to delete the contents of the

:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Output\preferences

folder (you can play with keeping the controls and add-ons files if you like but I just deleted and then rebuilt those preferences).

I was literally just playing around and realised I had my gpu texture settings to max, reduced to high and seems a lot better.

I think my GPU was maxing out on vram but any further issues then I'll test your suggestion, cheers.

You can leave HDR on, some aircraft actually need it on for their lighting to work properly. But yes with the GTX 1080 you cannot go any higher than High on the texture slider otherwise XP is constantly swapping textures between RAM and VRAM, especially if you use head tracking (TrackIR) or VR and this causes major stutters and freezes when the textures are loaded to VRAM. 1080TI's dont have the issue as they have an extra 3GB of VRAM.

Archived