Unable to load Anacortes airport - can’t download MAC version of Orbx libraries

I’ve been having a terribly frustrating time trying to load the Anacortes airport. I recently moved XP11 to an external SSD drive, and that’s caused many problems.

At first, I couldn’t download anything at all from the Mac beta of Orbx Central. I lost the synchronization with X-Plane and could not restore it at all from within the app - it just said there was an error. Finally I downloaded a fresh copy of Orbx Central and the airport file finally downloaded.

But it wouldn’t open when I started X-Plane. (See log). All the necessary libraries were missing and it refused to load the airport. Now I’ve gone back to Orbx Central and am trying to download the Libraries, but the download does not work. All I get is the spinning wheel and nothing else - 0 bytes are ever downloaded.

How do I get the libraries if Orbx Central won’t download them? When I went to the website and tried the cross-platform download, all I got was a 403 Forbidden error message! Help!

Log.txt

Hi!

Can you please try to install Orbx Libraries again and then send your Central log file? This will let us troubleshoot what the problem is.

You can open this file by opening up Settings within Central, then pressing on 'Help', and then 'Open Log'.

Alternatively, this file can also be found at ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log

Hi Mitchell, I appreciate that you've added an option to download the library manually if the regular download fails. Unfortunately, the manual download doesn't work either. Once you select a folder the only option is Cancel. The problem persists.

Hello,

the file has been removed because it is now available through Orbx Central for Mac users.

Linux and macOS users please download the public beta of Orbx Central to install 74S Anacortes Airport. If you experience any issues, please post in our Orbx Central Open Beta forum.

•  

Nick, that file was removed prematurely. The libraries download does not work in the Mac beta of Orbx Central - at least not for me, and it looks like for other users as well. So far it is still impossible to download and because of that the Anacortes airport does not load at all in X-Plane. I'm loving TE Washington, but I'd sure like that Anacortes airport!

Hi!

Can you try the following

• Restart your mac to clear Central's temporary files.
  • Begin the download for Orbx Libraries - XP11
  • Try toggling the 'Pause'/'Resume' buttons
    • Press Pause and let it pause for a few seconds
    • Press Resume and see if the download begins
  • Take a screenshot of your download queue (like below)

Orbx_Central_2019-07-22_09-29-05.png

As a backup alternative if it continues to not be able to download, you can try using this full download:

https://cdn.orbxsystems.com/v4/orbxlibs-xp11-dc29a441-1beb-4ebb-b02c-04f809eff3de.f.c4

Once it has downloaded to your computer, press the 'Install via Manual Download' button on Orbx Libraries in Central. Select the downloaded file and the install process should begin without needing to download any files. If this process begins and still no progress is made, report back and we'll release a Central update with more troubleshooting information to help us nail down the issue.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Unable to load Anacortes airport - can’t download MAC version of Orbx libraries

Mitchell

It's obviously not happening on every install as I've had no trouble with central to date (touch wood) and my libraries updated OK at the weekend too. Just to test Central when I first installed it I deleted a couple of small airports and re-installed, then deleted libraries and re-installed them too, all without issue.

Given that there are less permutations of Mac hardware/software versions out there these install issues are indeed strange.

16 hours ago, hoesme said:

Still the same problem when trying to download on Mac OS with Orbx Central (v0.19.2). See screenshot below.

Can you attach your central.log file? You can find the instructions to find it below:

On 7/19/2019 at 3:24 PM, Mitchell Williamson said:

You can open this file by opening up Settings within Central, then pressing on 'Help', and then 'Open Log'.

Alternatively, this file can also be found at ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log

Sorry, I made a typo in the previous link.  You can try this one: https://cdn.orbxsystems.com/v4/orbxlibs-xp11/orbxlibs-xp11-dc29a441-1beb-4ebb-b02c-04f809eff3de.f.c4

10 hours ago, West of 101 said:

Bravo Mitchell! The latest update fixed the problem completely. The libraries downloaded successfully on the first try and the Anacortes airport now works fine. Many thanks for your efforts in fixing this!

Thanks for reporting back, glad to hear its all working!

4 hours ago, Tornado16 said:

Given that there are less permutations of Mac hardware/software versions out there these install issues are indeed strange.

Even on macOS there can be challenges getting it to work with everyone. We should be getting close though!

Archived