Posted Image

All shots done with

FTX AU Blue

FTX AU Blue Freeware GA Airstrips

Holger Sandmann's Free Australia Mesh

Basic Sharpen and Brightness and Contrast

Hope you like the look of things to come

;D

Nice shots Nick. It's worth noting that Nick is using an earlier build of the 1.2 Freeware beta - the white aircraft silhouettes have been replaced with shadows, and also Nick has autogen turned off, something he'll remember to turn back on for future shots :)

The testers now have 1.2 Build 1005 in their hands which adds a bunch more strips including Mount Hotham and Mount Beauty.

great to see Tooradin there, I once had an aerobatic joyflight in a tigermoth there, I know I've said it before but is there anyone making Tyabb, meanwhile I am happy flying with FTX and the freeware paack. cheers :)

• 1 month later...

I seem to have a problem with my Mittagong airstrip. I have a bitumen runway for most of the width of the dirt one and many of my hangars are duplicated slightly out of line with one and other.

Do I have a file problem on my system or is this how it went out?

Graham

Great pics, seeing tooradin done is fantastic as I always enjoy passing this field on my way down to visit family at San Remo.

Im checking the money jar to see if I have enough pennies to get that CPU I want and finally jump ship to FSX :P

Cheers

Flukey

G'day Graham

I seem to have a problem with my Mittagong airstrip. I have a bitumen runway for most of the width of the dirt one and many of my hangars are duplicated slightly out of line with one and other.

There appears to be a duplication problem crept in at Mittagong. The bitumen runway over the gravel sounds correct, but the hangars are being called by two different placement files. I haven't downloaded the released package yet - so I'll do that and post what files need to be removed. Here is an image of what MIG should look like.

Posted Image

No I don't have VSX installed so that is not producing my double hangars. It does not look like a duplication of a file as the double hangars are not in unison. It's as though they were placed and then realigned and placed again.

I thought Mittagong was a dirt strip as per the first set of screenshots in this thread. Google Earth certainly shows a dirt strip but I don't know how old the GE image is.

Graham

No, Mittagong has a bitumen surface now - see here

http://www.bdac.org.au/airfield.html

If you have any of the following files in your x\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_FREEWARE\Scenery folder, you can backup and remove them -

ant_YMIG_buildings_PLC.BGL

ant_YMIG_conestyres_PLC.BGL

ant_YMIG_CVX3.bgl

ant_YMIG_CVX5.bgl

ant_YMIG_CVX9.bgl

ant_YMIG_trees_PLC.BGL

ant_YMIG_vehicles_PLC.BGL

VOZ17_ants_YMIG buildings.BGL

VOZ17_ants_YMIG conestyres.BGL

VOZ17_ants_YMIG trees.BGL

VOZ17_ants_YMIG vehicles.BGL

However - some of them may actually be able to live comfortably with my rendition of the strip. I will have to do some testing after the tonights night shift.

Thanks very much for that Mittagong. It looks very realistic. I have driven past that place quite often and now I can get virtually inside :-). Now, if the entire Southern Highlands looked as realistic as this airfield, it would be a dream.

Cheers,

Siggy

thanks guys, loving the freeware release :)

Just to report back to Barry (and Graham) - renaming the 7 ant_YMIG*.bgl fixes the duplicated hangars seemingly without ill-effect. There is one remaining , namely ant_YMIG_Models_LIB.BGL

The VOZ17 files don't exist in my folder

cheers,

Longers

Archived