EINN Shannon ILS for rwys 6/24 not aligned

Hi all,

I'm unsure if this problem is related to my Orbx Ireland scenery or if it is a P3Dv4.5 problem, so decided to start off here.  As the title says, on approach to either runway at EINN, the localizer is not fully aligned with the runway, ie it is several yards to the left causing a landing onto the grass.  On checking the alignment at EIDW, I find no problem at all in alignment.

So, does anyone know if this is Orbx related and if so how may I fix it?

Many thanks,

Rory

Looking at the "ADE_FTX_IRL_EINN.BGL" file in the "E:\P3D\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_IRL_05_SCENERY\scenery" folder using ADE, it does appear both localizers are to the NW of the runway centerline. You can adjust them easily in ADE. It does look like the RWY 24 localizer array is a bit off to the left of the centerline, but I don't know how that affects the localizer centerline in real life.

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your replies, and thanks Nick for the BGL. It's sorted out the problem with landing on rwy 6 but rwy 24 doesn't seem to have the correct ILS frequency, which should be 110.95, instead, both ILS'S have the same frequency of 109.50.  I've never opened a BGL file before but if I could I would have a go at changing it.

Thanks again for the quick reply though :)

Rory

2 hours ago, kessler said:

That has worked perfectly.  I can't thank you enough for your help.  I wish I could open the bgl files myself.

The tool to do so is Airport Design Editor (ADE) that I referred to in my post. Sorry I didn't think to include a link in case you didn't know what it was or how to get it. In addition to the ADE download, you'll need to install the Software Development Kit (SDK) from Lockheed Martin appropriate to your sim. You'll find a copy on your P3D download page as a separate download.

Here's the link for ADE. It's free and a super useful tool for this kind of think (alignment and frequencies) as well as adding/moving/deleting objects on your airports. http://www.scruffyduck.org/airport-design-editor/4584106799 . Hover over the "Airport Design Editor" text in the banner to see the download link. 

Thanks for the link Mr G, i'll  certainly download it this eve. I can easily edit config files sound files panel files etc so its time i tried to mess with bgl's also.

Once again many thanks, 

Rory

Archived