ORBX Buildings

PortaNav

Has anyone installed the 'Buildings' addon and found it affected the smoothness and or FPS of their installation? I am thinking of purchasing this new addition to my ORBX family, but have concerns that the high detail will affect the FPS, etc.

Thanks.

Hello,

this is a question that really has no definitive answer.

Customer reports vary between " I have uninstalled this until there are lower resolution textures available",

to "this product is wonderful and works without a problem".

So much depends on the customer's demands, expectation, obsession (or not) with frame rates, their hardware,

the way their hardware is set up, the other addons they use and so on that there really isn't an answer that

can be given that is guaranteed to be correct for you.

Every enhancement to the default simulator carries a performance cost because it adds to the workload.

Whether the perfomance cost is significant depends upon all the thing I have listed.

This is not unique to this product, it applies across the board, right through scenery, aircraft and indeed utilities.

I can tell you that in my opinion, the new autogen textures look very much better than the default ones and that

I do not see a noticeable degrading of performance.

Bought buildings few days ago and was roaming in Southern France in dense city areas.

Honestly, it is a massive improvement over the basic textures where I have not enough eyes to enjoy what I see.

I am not noticing any frame rate drop compared to basic.

No doubts, absolutely worth to buy this.

I'm on a three year old laptop with FSX and I found no negative performance impact - I actually increased a couple sliders after installing Buildings and haven't had any problems.  Everyone's opinions will differ and performance will be different on everyone's computer, but I'm quite happy with my purchase.

Archived