ORBX TE SB default EGKA problem

Werver

Overall TE SB looks very nice, although I find the textures a little bit too dark.

On the default EGKA I think I see two sceneries stacked. See the runway numbers 24 and 25L.

Furthermore there is an area with a very low resolution and two blue (water?) areas in it.

On the ORBX EGKA addon the area looks completly different.

I have tried with the use of xOrganizer where the problem came from, but I couldn't find it.

Hopefully you can help me.

Werner Verwaal

ORBX TE SB default EGKA2.PNG

ORBX TE SB default EGKA3.PNG

scenery_packs.ini

Checking it looks like they've moved the runways slightly and changed the numbers and the aerial imagery is now out of date, so technically the default airport is correct (it was recently updated in the latest version) and no longer matches the aerial imagery which is from last year.

You should be able to download the older version here: https://gateway.x-plane.com/airports/page. Alternatively we have a payware version that will fit correctly as well https://orbxdirect.com/product/egka/xp11

Hi Nick and Tony,

I deed some testing to found out where the fault in the EGKA scenery was coming from.

1. I created a temp folder outside X-Plane 11 (11.34) and cut and paste all my addon airports, the global airport-folder and all the ORBX folders to this temp folder. Then I deleted the scenery_pack.ini file. Result see ORBX TE SB default EGKA01.jpg

2. I cut and paste the global airport-folder from the temp folder back to the Custom Scenery folder. Then I deleted the scenery_pack.ini file. Result see ORBX TE SB default EGKA02.jpg

The airports looks correct. Buildings and runway signs ok.

3. I cut and paste all my addon airports from the temp folder back to the Custom Scenery folder. Then I deleted the scenery_pack.ini file. Result see ORBX TE SB default EGKA03.jpg

Same result as on screenshot 02.

4. I cut and paste the Orbx_KCGX_A_Merrill_C_Meigs_Field-, Orbx_KCGX_C_Overlay- and Orbx_OrbxlibsXP folder from the temp folder back to the Custom Scenery folder.

Then I deleted the scenery_pack.ini file. Result see ORBX TE SB default EGKA04.jpg. No difference.

5 I cut and paste Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos folder from the temp folder back to the Custom Scenery folder. Then I deleted the scenery_pack.ini file. Result see ORBX TE SB default EGKA05.jpg. Runway 24 is now also called 24 and  25L and the ugly blue spots are there. (On Google earth you can see that the blue spots are big camping tents.

6. After that I removed the  Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos folder and put in Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay. Result see ORBX TE SB default EGKA06.jpg. EGKA ok again.

7. Then I put back Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom and Orbx_A_EGLH_Needles. Result see ORBX TE SB default EGKA07.jpg. EGKA still ok.

8. And the last thing I tried was putting back Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos to the Custom Scenery folder and installed a_EGKA Scenery Pack (58475) from The X-plane Scenery Gateway. Result see ORBX TE SB default EGKA08.jpg. The errors are back again. Despite of the fact that the EGKA Scenery Pack is of higher order, the error is still there.

My conclusion is that the errors are caused by the Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos.

Werner Verwaal

ORBX TE SB default EGKA01.jpg

ORBX TE SB default EGKA02.jpg

ORBX TE SB default EGKA03.jpg

ORBX TE SB default EGKA04.jpg

ORBX TE SB default EGKA05.jpg

ORBX TE SB default EGKA06.jpg

ORBX TE SB default EGKA07.jpg

ORBX TE SB default EGKA08.jpg

Archived