mac script error for GB South

I bought the GB South set a while back, and ran the mac 2 cleanup script, not really noticing the message I got - which I've repeated to get this:

...disk info...../Customscenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/_mac_2_cleanup: line 10: /bin/rm: Argument list too long
Cleanup complete!
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

So, noting the script was completed, I ignored it further.  Yesterday, I got the GB Central set, and did the same.  Suddenly, I realized that this script did indeed delete all jpgs from the GB Central othos, whereas, when I looked at my South directory, all the jpgs are still there - no wonder it's such a huge directory.  I actually noticed all of this when I was backing up, and saw all these jpgs being copied. 

Before I do anything I'll regret, may I manually delete all the jpg files, or does South require any of them?

Also, why doesn't the South script work?

After a bit of digging, I found one or two messages with a similar complaint about these scripts not working properly.  So, I moved the 26.5 GB of jpgs into a new directory.   Then tried X-Plane, and it's fine.  So, I'll delete my temporary jpg directory, and that's that. 

Archived