FTX3 error while trying to update FSX:SE

TimC340

I reinstalled FSX:SE to give me a relatively lightweight installation for testing my own airfields and scenery for use in P3D with a full set of Orbx products. While installing Glabal Base and Vector, and the US and Oz Traffic files, I got the dreaded Error message (log attached). After a couple of auto-shutdowns of FTX, I worked out that if I didn't acknowledge the error message, the installation would continue to completion - which it did. However, I'd still like to know what's gone wrong...

orbx_ftxcentral_log.txt

Hello,

it's trying to tell you that it can't find the scenery.cfg file, which also means that it can't write to it either.

[2019-06-26_01-57-58-PM 3.3.9.0] - System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg'.

assuming that you do not also have FSX installed, this is your solution.

Hi Nick, thanks for your answer. Sorry for my late reply; been away driving real aeroplanes for a few days.

On starting FTX3 just now, FSX:SE duly appears in the list of sims - alongside FSX, which was uninstalled some years ago. Clearly there's some residual entry in the registry, which I'll seek out and destroy in due course, but for now it's working.

Archived