JavaScript error on launch

I just bought your new Washington package. The zip file aborts on a Mac, unlike the entire X-Plane library I've bought previously and installed. There's lots of fragmented info on your site about what to do next. If Orbx Central is required now, where is a link for download? Got a direction to point me? 

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 1.35.31 PM.png

5 minutes ago, macuaig said:

I just bought your new Washington package. Them zip file aborts on a Mac, unlike the entire X-Plane library I've bought previously and installed. There's lots of fragmented info on your site about what to do next. Got a direction to point me?

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 1.35.31 PM.png

Hi, welcome to the forums

It would be great if you could follow Mitchell's above opening post instructions for support please.

The instructions that say to exit & restart Orbx Central? And where do you get Orbx Central then? I've been through about 30 pages now. I just want to install the package I bought, nothing more. It doesn't seem to function like the other 15 packages I've bought and installed already. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, macuaig said:

The instructions that say to exit & restart Orbx Central? And where do you get Orbx Central then? I've been through about 30 pages now. Thanks.

Sorry I have no experience with Mac, but my first guess would be a hard drive free space problem.

Orbx products are downloaded and unzipped to your C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp folder and sometimes need up to 3x their install size before they get installed to the simulator location, then after the install is complete they are removed from your C:\ drive. You can move the Temp folder to a drive with more space using the option in FTXC3 settings

Thanks,  but there's plenty of space (500GB on one, 9TB on another). I'm pretty experienced with Macs (though not as a programmer), and this is something different. Looks like a corrupt zip file (yes, redownloaded multiple times), or they're intercepting the unzipping process. I did find a download link for Orbx Central for MacOS embedded far down this page, but after installation it reports a Javascript error and aborts: 

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 3.00.37 PM.png

Okay, then I will refer you back to Mitchell's above instructions of his opening post, which I have copied and pasted below.

You can use the template below to easily create a topic with the information we need to have your issue resolved quickly.

Operating system: 

Simulator: 

Screenshot: 

Issue: 

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations:

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log

• Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

•  

1 hour ago, macuaig said:

I did find a download link for Orbx Central for MacOS embedded far down this page, but after installation it reports a Javascript error and aborts: 

I've discovered a potential issue that could cause this error and have published a hotfix for Central. You can download the latest version here. Please let me know if this stops the error when launching Central, and if not, please attach your central.log so we can debug this issue further. We're eager to resolve this issue!

2 hours ago, macuaig said:

Looks like a corrupt zip file (yes, redownloaded multiple times), or they're intercepting the unzipping process.

There is no cross-platform build available for TrueEarth US Washington, instead we've released Orbx Central into open beta - this will provide a much easier install experience. The full build you're downloading will only work with FTX Central 3 for Windows.

2 hours ago, Howard said:

II am still using FTX Central 3 with Windows 10. Is there now a new program to replace this?  If so where can I get it?

Orbx Central will replace FTX Central 3, however it hasn't been released yet. We've released Central into open beta for macOS and Linux for those users to have an easier install experience with TrueEarth Washington. The Windows version will come very soon.

I was able to get past the JavaScript error simply by launching the Orbx Central beta a couple of times (MacOS). No idea. But it worked and everything seems to be fine. 

But be aware there is a 45GB zip file that downloads from the “cross platform download” link after purchase, and that zip file aborted as I mentioned earlier. I’ve used this process previously after buying all your available X-Plane packages for Mac, and the elaborate (now obsolete) procedure worked fine.

So I haven’t tried your revised installer, but I seem to be ok, and I’d prefer to step out. I just wanted to install the package I bought. Thanks, Mitchell!

23 minutes ago, macuaig said:

I was able to get past the JavaScript error simply by launching the Orbx Central beta a couple of times (MacOS).

This confirms what I believe the issue was - as it only occurred in a small, almost random amount of Central launches on my machine.

25 minutes ago, macuaig said:

But it worked and everything seems to be fine. 

Good to hear, be sure to let us know if you run into any further issues.

25 minutes ago, macuaig said:

But be aware there is a 45GB zip file that downloads from the “cross platform download” link after purchase, and that zip file aborted as I mentioned earlier.

I'll get the cross-platform download link double-checked on our end, it should only be redirecting to a .txt stating to use the Central beta.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but thanks for letting us know and helping us get this issue resolved for future users.

Archived