Melbourne Ramp surface is black - AU2

BushyPilotAU

Hello Everyone, Just loaded AU2 the other day. Have flown into YMML and all the ramp is black, no surface texture. Everything else is ok, Buildings, Planes, traffic and ramp items, but no surface, just black. Have not seen any other comments on browsing forum, hence this post. First Post!!

Looking forward to comments.

Cheers, BushyPilotAU.

Hello,

hopefully you don't have all of those, you need only either Acceleration or the service packs.

However, the problem is the freeware fix.

It fixes the Orbx lights but causes that problem as Melbourne which has been reported before.

Hi Nick, Thank you for replies.

Just been playing around with time of day settings. Ramp black during day setting, but shows normal on Dusk and Dawn settings. Should I reapply freeware fix or do you have other suggestion??

Cheers, BushyPilotAU

Hello,

there is no point in reappying the fix, unfortunately the result will be the same.

There is only the one available at the Avsim library.

For years, I have used the payware Direct X 10 Fixer which solves this problem

with the Direct X 10 preview, solves numerous other problems and provides shadows in the aircraft VC.

There is also Cloud Shadows from the same developer, which does as its name suggests.

If you intend to keep using FSX, I can highly recommend it but of course the choice is yours.

The only freeware fix for the problem at Melbourne is to use the Direct X 9 setting instead,

ie disable Preview Direct X 10.

Archived