FSXSE crash... crash... crash

I recently upgraded to a more up-to-date computer, but then... FSX wouldn't run properly, so... I converted to FSXSE... and spent two months rebuilding my fleet of add-on aircraft and my ORBX inventory... (still in the process)... then the dark event(s) happened. I downloaded Jersey (Channel Islands) from FSPilotShop, and dug up an old Playsims (ESI) disc of Alderny and installed that as well. BANG! Since then, the sim is busted! On EVERY flight, after clicking "Fly Now"... the "Terrain Data" progress bar stalls at 6% for a long period of time, then again for a brief stall at 69%, then at 73% the sim disappears entirely, or I get a popup saying that "A problem has caused the program to stop working". I uninstalled all the Alderney scenery AND the ESI installer program... (when I discovered that ESI no longer exists... (absorbed by ORBX?) No remedy. Restarting the computer has not helped. I am not a tech savvy person. I am a 68 year old retiree and my flight sim is very, VERY important to me. Is there ANYTHING I can do besides uninstalling FSXSE and starting all over again?

Archived