Real Time Zones

Hi Guys

I mainly fly within Australia where there are a few various Time Zones.

This time of year there is 2hrs difference either side of the country.

When I swap locations ie Sydney and Perth, the times remain the same as 

displayed on my Pc time set.

Never was an issue with Fsx , am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help.

cheers

Gumby

This problem has been in existence since FSX and remains with P3D V4. For example, you will find there is a one hour time difference between Sydney and Melbourne in default FSX.

The problem comes about because the real world time zones are not detailed in either FSX or P3D. Both have a different time zone for every 15 degrees.

There are a few 3rd party programs to correct this issue. The one I use is TimeZone 3.0 by Dennis Thompson which has been around since 2004. Just do a search on Time Zone FSX or Time Zone P3D. 

45 minutes ago, Graham Eccleston said:

This problem has been in existence since FSX and remains with P3D V4. For example, you will find there is a one hour time difference between Sydney and Melbourne in default FSX.

The problem comes about because the real world time zones are not detailed in either FSX or P3D. Both have a different time zone for every 15 degrees.

There are a few 3rd party programs to correct this issue. The one I use is TimeZone 3.0 by Dennis Thompson which has been around since 2004. Just do a search on Time Zone FSX or Time Zone P3D. 

Thanks Graham, I did notice the 1hr time difference in Fsx between ymml and yssy,

and just put up with it. I'll try what you recommended and see how I go, I thought it

may have been a problem just my end. :)

cheers

Gumby

G'day Ken. I actually bought that and couldn't get it to work for some reason.

I thought it was a basic install and that's it. I've been on the Sim Elite forums and they say there is another 

device I have to have as well, off the top of my head I can't remember what it was.

I may have to explore a little further to get a better understanding. See how I go.

cheers

Gumby

4 hours ago, Krono said:

Hi

Here is another program for your time zones, it is updated regularly through the year and is a one step and forget program. I find it execellent

Sim Elite Time Zone Fixer

https://simelite.com/timeZoneFixer.php

Ken

On 6/14/2019 at 8:41 PM, gumbypickett said:

G'day Ken. I actually bought that and couldn't get it to work for some reason.

I thought it was a basic install and that's it. I've been on the Sim Elite forums and they say there is another 

device I have to have as well, off the top of my head I can't remember what it was.

I may have to explore a little further to get a better understanding. See how I go.

cheers

Gumby

Hi Gumby

I have been using it for a while with no problems. Have you downloaded the "auto updater" program for this as it makes everything much easier. Maybe that is the device they were reffering to.

https://simelite.com/timezonefixerautomaticupdate.php

Ken

19 hours ago, Krono said:

Hi Gumby

I have been using it for a while with no problems. Have you downloaded the "auto updater" program for this as it makes everything much easier. Maybe that is the device they were reffering to.

https://simelite.com/timezonefixerautomaticupdate.php

Ken

Thanks Ken, I will check it out.:)

Archived