TEGB South

pks1414

I'm not sure if I'm losing it here but when I last used Xplane (last Thursday), post SP1 the roads were the darker colour. I've just took a flight from EGLC and they seem to have gone back to their light grey colour again :huh: The only thing I've done in the interim is upgraded my GPU

Checked .ini file all seems in order. What's strange is I just took off from Manchester Barton and that's the same???? I also had a peek in the Texture folder for roads and they all show the darker grey?? 

On 6/11/2019 at 12:26 PM, pks1414 said:

Checked .ini file all seems in order. What's strange is I just took off from Manchester Barton and that's the same???? I also had a peek in the Texture folder for roads and they all show the darker grey?? 

Very odd.

Have you tried verifying files and/or reapplying default road textures for TE South via FTX Central control panel?

If that doesn't work check your TE South Overlay folder and see which one is being used for roads, named "roads" and maybe swap with a folder with an extension "roads_x" by reversing the naming.

Finally you could test copying and using the Central roads folder in the South product as they are likely the same.

If you refer to my post here and TonyWob's response you will see that Barton came with its own scenery for those that did not have TE GB Central.  This contains the roads in it' s own Overlay folder. 

TE GB Central SP1 changed the colour of the roads in the Central package not the Barton Overlay folder.  As Tony says you can delete the entire Orbx_EGCB_B_Barton_Overlay folder as this is not required if you have TE GB Central.

Sorry but that does not explain your London City Airport problem

I've discovered the problem. If I push textures to Maximum (No Compression) Light Roads. if I bring it back a notch, dark roads are back. Strange, but sorted now. I was only testing out the new GPU so all is good now :)

Archived