Does direct x 10 affect performance

Hey Nick wanted to go a little further into my fix on black boxes due to FSX 10. You've instructed me to untick the direct x 10 to resolve the issue however I'm wondering if my scenery will suffer if I do that?? Or is it a frame rate thing. Please elaborate thank you

Hi

Sorry, I am not Nick, but no it will not have any affect on your scenery or your frame rates. DX10 Preview is an unfinished broken feature from the original MS team, this is why it is called "Preview". It would probably be best if you just did a Google search for "FSX DX10"  and you will be overwhelmed with info, as it has been a decades old issue. :)

I personally will never run FSX without the payware "Steve's DX10 Fixer", one of the main reasons being that it helps manage the VAS issue better and reduces the occurrence of the dreaded 32bit OOM (out of memory) issue that FSX is famous for.

Hey that's great news I've had a ton of ooom since I loaded orbx. How much is the payware? Is it a tricky install or drag n drop? And do you have a link? I would love to just continue using FSX it's plenty enough for me instead of doing a confusing and a gambled upgrade on wether or not my system will handle P3D as I've done there trial period once and it didn't work so upgrading my game card and don't want to do a p3d upgrade no guarantee and lousy tech support with them . I am still bewildered though that orbx doesn't offer a free fix as they don't even so much as give you a warning when you buy it that it won't work with FSX Thank you sir

2 hours ago, Dynodan61 said:

I am still bewildered though that orbx doesn't offer a free fix as they don't even so much as give you a warning when you buy it that it won't work with FSX Thank you sir

If you are referring to the FSX OOM issue, it is not an Orbx problem and not caused by Orbx, it is an FSX issue that has always existed with or without Orbx, and there is no fix/cure, only ways to manage it, which depend on the user and the balance of visuals and performance they choose.

Below is a link with more info on "Steve's DX10 Fixer"

https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/how-to-purchase/

Archived