TEGB Central SP1 Flashing power lines

Flying off Leeds Bradford runway 14 heading towards Leeds city, the power line structures are flashing like strobe lights. Most disconcerting. I have not checked other locations as I felt the need to report my observations at the mentioned location due to the extreme flashing observed. I have tried all variations of AA settings to no avail. The flashing is extreme. Unsure if others can confirm similar observation.

Just done the same flight and all seems OK for me. My settings are 4xSSAA+FXAA. I have FXAA enabled in NVidia Control Panel which is disabled as default setting. Hopefully this may help you.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hello jjaycee1,

I was a regular flyer out of Leeds Bradford for 14 years back in the 80s and 90s and if I remember correctly,  this is the Airport Locator Beacon.  It flashes  green every couple of seconds or so, just like a Lighthouse Beacon guiding the ships around the rocks at sea.   As I haven't been up there at night recently I couldn't say if they still use it.  When it was originally installed to guide pilots into the Airport, we didn't have all the magic gadgets we have nowadays.

Cheers  Louis

LdsBfd Aiport Locator Beacon..jpg

Locator Beacon for LdsBfd Airport.jpg

9 hours ago, psvpilot59 said:

Hello jjaycee1,

I was a regular flyer out of Leeds Bradford for 14 years back in the 80s and 90s and if I remember correctly,  this is the Airport Locator Beacon.  It flashes  green every couple of seconds or so, just like a Lighthouse Beacon guiding the ships around the rocks at sea.   As I haven't been up there at night recently I couldn't say if they still use it.  When it was originally installed to guide pilots into the Airport, we didn't have all the magic gadgets we have nowadays.

Cheers  Louis

LdsBfd Aiport Locator Beacon..jpg

Locator Beacon for LdsBfd Airport.jpg

Thanks for the input. Appreciate it. However I am actually referring to the electricity pylons and not any beacon(s). The effect is similar to how you can see some flashing roof tops in the sim on occasions.

Archived