True Earth Great Britain "please fix" (XP11)

AxCYeR

Good evening,

I love steering the old 172 around Britain thanks to orbx's great scenery product. However, on tonight's flight I noticed an area that was "off".

In the screenshot below you can see two bays just west of Predannack Airfield (EGLA) in Cornwall which are not displayed properly. These were the only issues I encountered on this one hour flight along the coast, so cheers to that! 8)

Since I will be flying low and slow around GB frequently, I'm looking to feed this thread with further posts about graphical issues that might cross my path.

It would be great if the developers took notice of that and fixed it for the next update (however long that may be).

Thanks in advance :)

EGLA-issue.thumb.png.d47f07dd9330a3233d8e76225eb08f39.png

• Nick Cooper changed the title to BUG REPORT - True Earth Great Britain "please fix" (XP11)
  • 3 weeks later...

Cheers, that solves the issue indeed.

I think I turned it off because at Plymouth airport the runway is not usable due to this terrain contour setting.

I tried to take off and land there a few weeks ago, it was a complete mess. You might want to fix that, if possible. 

plymouth1.png

plymouth2.png

Plymouth airport has actually closed and shouldn't currently even be in X-Plane's default scenery at the moment. Although the default Plymouth airport could be updated to flatten the runway correctly, it's likely noboby has done this since sadly it is no longer in use.

https://www.google.com/maps/place//@50.4230874,-4.1093489,1099m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0!5m1!1e4?hl=en

17 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Plymouth airport has actually closed and shouldn't currently even be in X-Plane's default scenery at the moment.

Actually, a friend of mine who lives there told me the other day that it may reopen. This is what Wikipedia has to say:

The airport closed and ceased all operations on 23 December 2011. Since that time it has been mothballed with the aviation infrastructure and navigation aids retained pending an attempt by the leaseholder to change the use of the site in planning so that it can be disposed of for residential development.

As result of the announced closure a group from the Plymouth business community initiated a campaign to protect the airport site. The group known as Viable delivered a petition to the City Council with more than 38,000 signatures objecting to the Airport closure and asking the Council to protect the site.[4]

A full Council debate on the petition concluded with a unanimous vote in support of the airport's retention. There were just two abstentions. Accordingly, in 2014 Plymouth City Council decided to safeguard the site for future general aviation use in the forthcoming Plymouth Plan on the basis of evidence provided in the report on which the Council had accepted the airport's closure.

Having achieved its campaign objectives, in 2015 Viable wound up its campaign and created FlyPlymouth Ltd with the objective of acquiring and reopening Plymouth airport.[5] FlyPlymouth proposes to operate Plymouth Airport a general and business aviation airport not relying on commercial passenger services, the withdrawal of which led to the airport's closure.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to True Earth Great Britain "please fix" (XP11)

Archived