CAE3 Heliport

Hello

The heli starting point does have a hardened platform which worked properly for me and at least  3 of the beta testers including our heli expert.  It works with the default Robinson 22 based on my tests as well as the helis used by the testers.  Could you check the Robinson 22? The hardened platform is only as big as what you see;  the invisible contact points must be on that surface or the heli will fall through.

Also see if you can land on the West Coast Helicopter pad, as well as the pad at April Point Marina and Spa. There were no problems reported in testing.

The problem could be related to the heli you are using, its contact points that is.  The elevation of the starting point is about .1 meters above the platform as I remember but it could be increased for a specific need.

Here's what I see immediately on loading at the heli starting point using the Robinson 22:

heli.thumb.JPG.18e476e0812f99aa858d82b226832184.JPG

yeah I tried with my Milviz 530 F which is about the same size as the R22. Larry, even tried to land closer to the static Helicopter there and went completely thru the scenery. I'll try the default R22

I got around it Larry.  Maybe a ring on the landing site will add folks where to land to hit a solid surface.  it Tested my landing skills for sure. B)  I loaded on the heli spot in my r22 and change aircaft to my 530f and the R66 and it worked fine.  Thanks for the help.  I there anymap to ID the other helispots  I flew around looking for them, but the weather wasn't exactly cooperating. 2019-5-14-17-30-28-937.jpg

• 1 month later...

Let me add a brief follow-up to this: 

All surfaces of the main model  tilted less than ~25 degrees from horizontal are hardened but this is a somewhat  tricky semi-automated process that cannot be edited. Without this special method aircraft will crash when flying overhead -- odd but true. That's probably why the skids are sinking in perhaps 3 inches in this location even after I made some adjustments. Rather than risk really screwing things up I quit while I was ahead. (Perfect = never released.)  You should notice that the skids do not sink in at the April Point Spa and Resort which uses a small conventional platform.

However if I get a chance I try to make an optional  independent  overly large platform maybe even a bit too high and post it here. No time frame.

Archived