Orbx Arlanda latest update

Since a while back, I do not know what happened, but the blue taxi lights are gone, when aproacing it looks real bad olmost like the graynes from the black and white TV.

I do not remember if this started to happen after the 4.5 update of P3d. I have unistalled and reinstalled the airport with the same luck. If i uninstall the airport and only use the default the taxi lights and everything looks ok. Also the airport spot lights look messy.

No taxi lights1.jpg

No taxi lights.jpg

Hey there,

Not sure I understand the issue. If you find the airport grey in some sense, I can't really see it in the photos. You might wanna look at additional shader tools such as PTA if you want a different visual experience.

As for blue taxi lights they were never present in this scenery so might be that you had a different scenery earlier or a tweaked version of this one?

In the photos everything looks like it should anyway as far as I can tell,

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Marcus

23 hours ago, CTVredvirus said:

Since a while back, I do not know what happened, but the blue taxi lights are gone, when aproacing it looks real bad olmost like the graynes from the black and white TV.

I do not remember if this started to happen after the 4.5 update of P3d. I have unistalled and reinstalled the airport with the same luck. If i uninstall the airport and only use the default the taxi lights and everything looks ok. Also the airport spot lights look messy.

No taxi lights1.jpg

No taxi lights.jpg

I think it's looking like my screenshots:

• 4 weeks later...

I have made a landing today at ESSA All green lights on the airport were flickering like a christmas tree  and somethimes some sections got black and than resumedto normal but the flickering lights were present the entire time, frames between 30-45. I could not record a video.

10 hours ago, CTVredvirus said:

I have made a landing today at ESSA All green lights on the airport were flickering like a christmas tree  and somethimes some sections got black and than resumedto normal but the flickering lights were present the entire time, frames between 30-45. I could not record a video.

Hey,

Yes indeed, they flicker a bit in certain situations and depending on graphics settings. They are very small objects and the way we made them they tend to do that when having them set to have very long visibility, which we didn't have in the initial release. So that was something we added in the first Service Pack, but created some flickering instead. But to be honest I've never even viewed that as an issue as they are primarily an issue when just overflying the airport and can't recall more than a few people even mentioning this since the release.

However, I agree with you that they could look better in certain situations! :) 

We've got no plans on service packs for ESSA at the moment, but if you prefer to use default taxilights you can disable ESSA_PLC_Taxilights.bgl (you can find it in P3D/Orbx/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_AA_ESSA/Scenery) by changing the ending to ESSA_PLC_Taxilights.OFF instead. Then I've added the default taxilights to you in the no-statics version of the airport so please set the FTX Central config tool to No Statics for ESSA first, then add the attached file and overwrite the current file (might be smart to make a backup first of that file).

Please note that the taxilights are not connected to any objects in this case and will probably be a bit more messy in placement but if the default taxilights worked fine for you then this will at least remove the flickering issue for you.

Though you will probably note that the visibilty of the taxi lights are quite reduced in the default lights.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Marcus

ESSA_ADEP4_SL_ORBX_P3D_NoStatics.bgl

Hi! 

Thanks the flickering are gone but now some litghs are poping upp much like the autogen in p3d while I land both on taxiways and runway

Please se the attached pics for settings and the file i sat to off, there was no overight but the file you send me is now in the folder.

Skärmklipp 1.JPG

Skärmklipp 2.JPG

Hi,

hm, sorry hard for me to do anything about if basically all lights are flickering. The taxi lights will now pop up if you use the files I sent so that is like it’s expected.

maybe try making a video or something so maybe someone can help. Both runway lights (and for you taxi lights as well) are p3d default so not depending on our scenery if they flicker.

also, did this issue appear after you changed the files I sent you but worked prior to that?

It was really bad so I uninstalled and reinstalled arlanda all other lights are back to normal except for the green lights, everything was perfect before the last upgrade. The video did not work, none  of the lights were visible. I gues I just have to live with it. 

1 hour ago, CTVredvirus said:

This link is from another person, but the flickering you see here I also see at orbx arlanda airport, all green taxi lights

Hm ok, I dont think I understand it in that case. Watching that video it looks just like that in my sim as well, I don't even think that is an issue but just how the sim looks.

The green taxi lights flicker, but that I have already provided a fix for you if you prefer shorter viewing distance instead. As for city lights, runway lights at ESSA or other default P3D lights, thats out of my control. I think the issue can be reduced by having higher AA setting, try the 8xSS one in the menu. It is hard on frames though. Might be worth a try at least!

Archived