Detroit problems

I am running P3Dv4.4 with Orbx Global Base, Vector, North American Open Land Class, Global Airport Pack. There seems to be a problem at KDTW, Detroit. There is a highway running through the middle of the field and an elevated highway half finished in the middle of the ield. Not sure if Orbx has caused this or not, but I thought I would start here. See attached screen shots.

Thanks

2019-4-16_16-0-46-982.jpg

2019-4-16_16-0-55-478.jpg

Hello,

thanks for asking.

The elevated section is P3D/FSX.

The roads and traffic are added by Orbx Vector because there are roads there

in the real world, some parts of which are underground.

You could look at Google Earth, as I did and see this and the elevated roadway at the terminal.

Hi Nick,

Yes, I know about the roadways but one of the roads just ends at a taxiway and the road traffic just disappears there and starts again on the other side of the taxiway. The elevated highway just ends abruptly in front of one of the terminals buildings and has no road traffic.

Thanks,

Howard

Roads.

....because in the real world, the roads go underground.

This is Vector drawing the visible roads correctly and providing road traffic correctly.

Unfortunately, in order to correctly represent underground, a better airport version is required.

Elevated roadway

You are looking at a version of KDTW made years ago for FSX and should be aware that

it is a representation of what is really there and in fact much better quality and accuracy

than most FSX default airports.

This is FSX, now known as P3D and nothing at all to do with any developer apart from Microsoft.

Thanks for that, Nick. So, if I understand you, it is from FSX and if someone comes along with a better airport scenery, it then might get fixed.

By the way, Nick, are you going to be at Duxford June 3 and 4 for the 75th Anniversary  of D Day? (www.daksovernormandy.com)

Thanks

Howard

Guys,

If you are going to to the Daks event you wont be disappointed. I have known about this for some time and am invited to the one in Normandy. However other events here will prevent me from attending.

Enjoy,

John.

Archived