Problem with S. England and P3D 4.5

Hi guys: I'm experiencing a problem with Southern England and P3D 4.5.  I tried to fly from London, Stansted, but the screen was black for several minutes before the small progress screen popped up.  Then the progress sat at 6% for quite some time.  Finally, I just shut down the program. I have no idea whether this an Orbx or P3D problem. I had problems loading the scenery in ver. 4.4.  Any suggestions?  Thanks. Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California

I'm not entirely sure that it's Orbx. My P3dv4.5 has been fine - until today, and now it's a lot slower. I notice that Microsoft in the continued idiocy loaded some updates this morning and so tried to uninstall them to see if things would revert to how they were. One of them won't uninstall so maybe I'm stuck with this. I had turned off updates but apparently MS considers this one an essential security update for some reason.

The one I am unable to remove is KB4489899

Apart from reinstalling windows in my 1 month old machine is there any other way to remove this so I can see if that fixes things

Archived