Performance OpenLC vs default

JoZeSM

Hello :D,

Since P3D v4 I had always this problem and I never fixed maybe it's normal or maybe I do something wrong :).

When I have OpenLC installed I lose almost 25-30 fps or more, to give you an average my framerate is between 17-25 fps on the simulator and when I desactivate OpenLC I have a smooth simulator with almost 60 fps constantly.

I have uninstall and install several times already, as well trying to tweak the Prepar3d.cfg but without success.

My system is a 8700k OC 4.8 Ghz, 16 Gb, 2080 Ti

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

It has nothing to do with the specs, it's just that the Prepar3D is not optimized well with add-ons. They say ORBX is resource heavy, but it's not that bad. It's just that the simulator does not uses the hardware well. I have like 40-35% usage of my GPU all the time, same with the CPU, it's not okay. 

it's normal to loose 30 fps with open LC installed. This is because the autogen is more dense on the tiles. In some case anyway i found it increases also the performances in some areas respect to the default. I pass from 120 fps to 90 about :)

2 hours ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

it's normal to loose 30 fps with open LC installed. This is because the autogen is more dense on the tiles. In some case anyway i found it increases also the performances in some areas respect to the default. I pass from 120 fps to 90 about :)

I lock my frames at 30, so perhaps that is why I don't notice a difference.

I'd like to see what his slider settings are.

Archived