Well i a few weeks i am thinking of getting a new pc and i think this one will make xplane 11 and p3dv4.4  run fantastic regards EMM

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/3xs-wi4000-viz-overclocked-intel-core-i7-8700k-32gb-ddr4-8gb-nvidia-quadro-p4000-250gb-m2-ssd-2tb-wi?utm_campaign=2019%252f04%252f09%2b-%2bso851%2bquadro%

39 minutes ago, Triplane said:

Well, one thing's for sure....if that won't do it nothing will :). Great pick. I'm also interested in something along that line. Let us know how it works for you.........

Thanks Triplane i will let you know when i get it have to chat to my other half when i see her on Friday regards EMM

3 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Thanks Triplane i will let you know when i get it have to chat to my other half when i see her on Friday regards EMM

I do not want to ruin your party, but a nVIDIA Quadro GFX Card is certainly NOT what you want to have in your computer for anything like P3D or XP11 (or gaming in general). You are aware that those Quadro's are professional GPUs for professional 3D software? They are way more expensive than the nVIDIA RTX/GTX branch of gaming GPUs. The Computer you linked has a Quadro RTX 4000, which is equal to a RTX 2070. While this might be totally suitable for P3D and XP11 in regard of the technical Background, Quadro graphics card use another driver set compared to the gaming graphics card from nVIDIA and honestly, I doubt that you will get good results with it. There might be even issues or incompatibilities with some games. Besides the fact that a Quadro RTX 4000 is about twice the price than a RTX 2070 and has a way less capable cooling solution.

Verdict: if you manage to get the linked Computer with a RTX-2070 instead, you might pay less and have a way more suitable hardware configuration.

You might als reconsider the following (as most probably some bucks are spare with the change of the GPU)

- faster RAM. Those 2666MHz modules are just plain stock. Get 3200MHz CL14 at least.

- more SSD storage. Why the heck they include a 2TB HDD drive into a £2000+ rig is a mistery to me...

21 minutes ago, European Mountain Man said:

Thanks for that info i did not know had the mail this morning from scan computers i am so pleased you have told me this AnkH i will look for some thing else i see the spec of the pc and  i thourt  this was a good pc and now i know that it is not thanks again  regards EMM stewart

It is a good PC, just not really suitable for your needs. I quickly checked the Scan Computers Homepage, this is what you want:

https://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/configurator/overclocked-custom-gaming-pc-vengeance-ti

It is basically the same you linked above, but with focus on gaming and thus a RTX 2070 instead of the Quadro RTX 4000. And faster RAM. And as I mentioned, if you configure this according to the System you posted above, you will get:

- 2x16GB 3000MHz RAM

- Overclocking to 5GHz included

- 250GB m.2 SSD for your Operating System

- 2TB SSD for your simulator(s)

- 2TB HDD for backup and rest

Alltogether for almost the same price as the rig you linked above: £2175

https://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/shared/48021a67-5b2f-4da6-8e84-f19d588df446?utm_source=3xsconfigshare&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=copypaste

Archived