True Earth Netherlands Rotterdam : second WidevieW test

GSalden

Thanks for sharing.  I compared both of your tests. 

In my humble opinion this view has more detail than the first view test.  But, the first test shows a wider view than the first test.

Some of my comments regarding this offering from ORBX:

I've purchased and have been downloading this beast for the past 2 days. Still have a day more to go as I am just at 50 out of the 72+ GB.

I have a phone connection so my speeds are max at 300KB/s and average about 220KB/s.

Remarkably ORBX has made great improvements in the FTX central download area.  No dropping of the download was noticed at all!

A big plus is that other users in the house haven't complained about me using up the bandwidth as before ORBX improvements. :D

Strange that this wasn't offered as a manual download??

Also, I think it would be a good idea to be able to limit your download speed in FTX central too; just in case my cohabitants start to complain..:rollmyeyes:

Now WidevieW has been configured better than with the first test I threw in some extra AG plus real weather.

In the coming weeks I will add some extra eyecandy ( more objects enabled )  in the control panel .

And today I am going to test over London ( True Earth GB ... )

By that fix you are removing lots of building blocks from London.

Surely that will give you extra fps...

Before the WidebieW setup I also disabled the 3 London 3 DM files and used another brands 3D London buildings ....

Now zi will try with the 3 DM files ..

I spoke too soon.  Got the TrueEarth NLHD download complete but PAUSED! 

So  now I have to run the script to reset FTX central and lose 74 hours of download and have to start all over again!!!

STUFF HAPPENS!   I guess.:banghead:

Hopefully after three more days, I might,  just might, have the product I purchased!

This is what I received as an error after trying to restart the "completed" but not installed download: 

1837600650_NLERROR.JPG.3861aa25f5673a66c94a0254d97c56c1.JPG

Gerard,

Many thanks for the reply and suggestion.

I started downloading again after wiping FSX central and reinstalling according to Mr. Cooper:

I had 200Gb free on the drive I was downloading to and someone said you need 3X your download size.

The 200 Gb probably was not enough for the 72+GB download to perform the install onto my 3OO GB  free drive.

Besides the new FSX central, this time I switch my temp area to a drive that has 300Gb free.

I'll take your suggestion and ask for support if this doesn't work.

Meanwhile I'll try and upload to  "datube" my GB South Quick Look vids. 

I made one day and one dusk version. 

Thanks again! 

Archived