X-plane 11 is constantly running out of memory since SP1

Drazkul

Hi,

Since SP1 has launched after a short while during a flight X-plane pops up a box saying that its running out of memory and scenery loading has been disabled.

It never used to do this before SP1 and I could fly for as long/far as I wanted.

At first I thought that it could it could of be a corrupt installation when I first installed the SP1 update so I did a complete re-install of both X-plane and all my ORBX scenery packs.

Sadly I've had building work in my house since SP1 has been released so I hadn't had a chance to test it till today. I did two flights taking off from Coventry airport and heading towards Birmingham. The first one ended up with X-plane giving me the memory error before I'd fully cleared Coventry. I then dialed back my graphics settings to the ones recommended in this forum by John (previously I would run with the sliders completely on the right except for reflections and had shadows on scenery and draw parked planes off - though the last two are still off). On my 2nd flight it lasted a little longer but still got the memory error before I made it too Birmingham.

My only other none X-plane scenery I have is a San Francisco ortho and overlay.

My PC specs:

I5 6600

1070 8GB RAM

16GB RAM

WIN 10

I run X-plane 11 in 1910x1080 and in fullscreen mode.

Hello,

I see no one else complaining of running out of RAM, I do see sunjunkiesi

complaining that in VR, the frame rate is too low.

Perhaps you might try reducing the X Plane 11 settings a little.

If you leave the world objects at maximum, you will see virtually no difference.

Also, please ensure that you have a Windows paging file active.

I'll double check the paging file tomorrow but it was one of the first things I looked at when I first started to have the issue after the initial download of SP1. 

I'll also try dropping the sliders another notch down again tomorrow if I get enough time to fly in X-plane (my wife is off work tomorrow so gaming time will be limited) - I'll keep world objects on maximum as you suggested. 

So I managed to get a bit of flight time and I took a look at my page file and adjusted it which seems to have stopped the out of memory errors - though now after 20 mins or so flying i'll now get a random program freeze/crash 

This is about average for the runs I tested while flying in the sim since adjusting the paging file (the highest use of RAM it ever got to was 12.4GB - and frame rate was averaging 30 FPS) but was still getting the occasional freeze/crash.

ubRtzpy.png

Archived