Elevation Isssues at EGHA

Starting a fllight at EGHA I am experiencing elevations issues as shown in the attached screen shots. I'm running :

EU England

TrueEarth Great Britain South

Global Airports

All the global range apart from Open LC Mesh South America

I've run the migration tool and Vector Config to reset airport elevations - but checking on the list EGHA doesn't seem to be present on either the enabled side, or the disabled side.

Any suggestions would be good. This is a fresh install of P3D v4.4.16.27077 on a new computer. I haven't found any problems with other airports (as yet!)

2019-3-25_22-22-4-15.jpg

2019-3-25_22-22-8-461.jpg

2019-3-25_22-22-54-332.jpg

21 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

as a starting point, please take a look in scenery\world\scenery for EGHA

and remove or disable any files that you might find.

Thanks Nick, I should have remembered that technique - maybe increasing old age is making its effects known . . . . 

I renamed 000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_Alt.BGL to 000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_Alt.BGL.old and that has fixed the elevation issues.

There only remains a minor problem with two sets of runway numbers on the threshold. One from the photoreal, and the other from the added airport autogen stuff.

2019-3-25_22-55-18-357.jpg

The brown default strip should not be there at all.

The developers have set the runway width at 0 feet and it should look like this:

1.jpg

You should check your scenery library order and for any other versions of EGHA that might be hiding somewhere.

I notice that the spurious runway does not even line up.

Well, no luck so far. There are some EGHA entries in FTX_EU and FTX_Vector but disableing these in the Scenery Library has no effect on what I'm seeing. I've also renamed some of the files, as shown below, in the World/scenery folder and THe Orbx vector forder as well as some in Orbx/FTX_AU - not sure why EGHA is appearing there?

I've also:

• deactivated all my add-on non Orbx scenery
  • unbinstalled the global airports pack
  • checked that the FTX entries are below my last add-on scenery
  • Checked that OpenLC entries are below the FTX entry
  • Checked that TE GB south entries are above the FTX_EU_ENG entries

I'm now confused as to where this default brown strip is coming from. It's not really a major worry for me but in the back of my mind is the thought that maybe there is a more serious fault somewhere else!!

EGHA.PNG

There is an issue here!

To replicate Gregs problem I unticked EGHA in the Sc Lib (as he does not have the payware EGHA) & I get exactly the same elevation issues as he showed in Picture #1 of his post.

I then followed Nick's advice & isolated the "000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_Alt.BGL" & got exactly the same doubled up runway as shown in Gregs picture

It would be very interesting ti see if anyone else could replicate this.

The mystery is still to be solved!

Interesting Bruce. Thanks for checking up on this. Interestingly, I did consider getting the payware EGHA to see if that solved the problem! It seems that it would have. :rollmyeyes:

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

if you have only the TEGB version of EGHA, remove 000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_Alt.BGL

and place the attached file into ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY\scenery,

letting it overwrite, this will remove the second set of numbers,

ADE_FTX_GBS_EGHA.bgl 1.76 kB · 1 download

Thank you Nick, that has fixed the problem, now I can happily take off and pop up to Stonehenge for a trouristy type look round :-)

Archived