True Earth GB South

As I type this I know what is going to be said.  Nothing is Orbx fault.

I bought True Earth GB south this weekend.  I have spent the entire weekend not flying but trying to install.

1. The download itself takes about an hour even with my 113Mps internet conection.  The downloaded file does in fact download into the folder I selected in the FTX Central settings.

2. The problem starts after the download. The fact of the matter is the problem starts with extraction.  That is were the system really really really slows down.  After about count 988 a system error to one of the hash numbers pops up.  I hit OK and then it slowly after about 10 minutes starts up again at a very slow speed to try and extract.

Now keep in mind this was this moringing.   After 3 more errors about hash somethings pop up I decide to just sit here and endure the slow pain of trying to install something that should take about less than 5 mintes on my machine.   After 9 1/2 hours (finally) it starts the "install" process. Now the fun starts.......

3. Installing is a joke.  I get errors stating that it needs something like 97GB of space and my HD only has 94 available.  This is total BUNK.  I have a 1TB HD with 722 GB free for use.   So because I have spent so long already downloading and extracting and now its almost 12 hours into this mess  I keep getting the same installation errors but I just hit ok.  At the end I get a giant fill the screen error that the software can't be installed due to lack of space.

4.  I then wipe everything out (erase).  Redownload for another 1 hr and 13 mintues.  This time I do not open FTX Central.  I go to the downloaded file and try to unzip the file manually.  Well guess what?  Unzipping just causes double the files to be created and as the unzip process to going on it is filling up my HD so that in fact there is not even enough room to complete any tasks at all on the computer.  The zip files keep doubling.

5. I have given up.

I don't have an order number. Only a reciept number from my email.

My system has the latest update to Windows 10.

My FTX CEntral is 3.3.6.0

Winrar is my product for extraction and it is with the latest update.

This isn't right.  So before I go on a rampage I am requesting help other than nothing wrong with ORBX.  My stuff is good.  I've checked everything.  OH BTW!!!!  My anti-virus and malware programs were all turned OFF and verified OFF before the download even started.

Thank you.

Steve

Hello,

I regret that you are having such problems.

the installation process should be

1. open FTX Central

2. click on the True Earth GB South icon

3. select install product

On the FTX Central settings page, you can select where the installation

process takes place but not the final destination of the files which is

inside your simulator root folder.

You can also disable the disk free space check if you feel that it is being mis-reported.

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased and tried to download TE South but it is showing not enough space but I have enough space on C drive ?
(see  images )  Do I need to disable space check ? if so how ?

Orbx T E C drive.JPG

Orbx T E..JPG

Ok, thanks, now downloaded overnight but this morning it has stuck on this screen (image) for 2 hours
without any signs of movement Internet is still connected and no other notifications showing ?

Orbx Install.JPG

I found C drive memory in red ? cleaned drive of some files gained space and now restarted download
But I can not understand why space on C ran out it showed 115gb, free ?
Anyway will see what happens now. 57,7gb shown ?1423478762_OrbxInstall3.thumb.JPG.5d119f078163469bf4ad6878cb9152c6.JPG

Orbx install 2.JPG

Hello,

if your simulator is also on the C drive, you need at least three times the product download size of free space

to run the installer, around 170 GB.

FTX Central will also allow you to place the installation process wherever you wish, please see the settings page.

Thanks for your quick replies Nick, I wish I had known this before I started, where was this information ?
I think it would be best to install to a zip file in my E drive first in that case ? Can you  tell me how to create
one ?  Also I will need to delete any partial T.E.South  downloaded files first ? if you can also advise how I do this.  

Orbx install 6.JPG

Hello,

I would suggest that you refresh FTX Central, using this topic as a guide

and using the second option.

Then set your installation working folder, using the FTX Central settings page.

Create a working folder on your E drive and point FTX Central to it.

For example E:\Working Folder.

The installation process will take place in that folder, so you will not run out of disk space again.

The files will of course be installed to wherever you put your simulator.

When the process is finished, the Working Folder should be empty.

Untitled.jpg

Disable disk space checking and click on Save.

Then let FTX Central install your product.

Ok Nick I will try this, I will reset FTX central, clear any TE files that have already downloaded
But I will still need to download T.E. South to a zip file not in my C drive ?
How do I set this up ?

1 hour ago, ROLSTON said:

Ok Nick I will try this, I will reset FTX central, clear any TE files that have already downloaded
But I will still need to download T.E. South to a zip file not in my C drive ?
How do I set this up ? (now answered I think))                                                     
Having now followed your notes and reloaded FTX Central 3 (using option 2)  I am now loading T.E.South to a working folder in E drive
13 hours to go . (fingers crossed all will be ok)  Just to let you know I always save these notes from you in my Orbx paperwork
so I do not need to ask the questions again in the future.

Archived