Angelfish Reverse

Hello,

Like a propeller aircraft that does not have reverse thrust,  the Angelfish does not have a reverse. (You can use the y key (slew mode) to turn the boat around.) I'm glad you noticed this 'Extra'. It's sort'a buried but on purpose so it did not distract those who would not want it.

I solved this problem for the pilotable WSF ferry Kaleetan available on my blog by assigning two engines to it with the thrusts pointing in opposite directions,  very much like a real WSF ferry.

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply.  I really like this boat for sightseeing at the various marinas. Would be nice if it had reverse prop. Cheers. (I noticed in the aircraft.cfg that the "reverse prop" was enabled as true, but there is no way to activate it. Maybe I will think of something.)

Hi @BokChoy,

try the attached aircraft cfg and air file of a modified Angelfish. It simulates a variable pitch screw - reverse thrust is achieved by changing the prop pitch (CTRL + F2) to negative values.

Larry - many thanks for this little boat! I hope you don't mind. Navigating a simulated motorboat without reverse thrust through Amsterdams "grachten" channels is just a pain, and now I started to really appreciate the efforts that were put into TE Netherlands. Visiting a harbour is just best done on the water.

Angelfish_with_reverse.zip

Thanks for this Meerkat,

I'll try it out myself.  I had worked out the basic aircraft.cfg  for a number of pilotable boats a long time ago and not experimented much since.

Not really my area of expertise as they say.

Feel fee to try your solution out on the pilotable log boom tug that's part of YRC.

Archived