Orbx airports corrupting other add ons

barrykensett

I run P3D v4 with Orbx Global, Vector, Open LC Europe, England and southern Germany all of which work fine. I also have a number of add on airports from Aerosoft, UK 2000 and similar all of which runs fine. I then bought Orbx LOWI and EGHI and things started to go wrong. All of my other addons are at the top of the scenery library entries but when I loaded the two Orbx sceneries they split up the other add-ons in the list, I moved the priorities back but then the two Orbx airports disappeared although shown as loaded inn Central. I selected file check and the sceneries came back but corrupted the list again. 

Another issue is that I find it helpful to delete the shaders folder when updating sceneries but this disables the two Orbx ones.

i have removed the two Orbx airports and things are working again.

Has anyone any knowledge to share on these 

issues.

Barry

www.a320sim.com

I was originally using the scenery library in P3D but I found that airports I put at the top got moved down. I have now been trying Fsdt Add on Manager to edit the cfg file. This keeps the order until I load the Orbx airports.

Regards

Barry

No I had problems with the order of addons changing before using the addon manager. I loaded the manager to try and get the order to remain stable which it did until I loaded the Orbx add on airports.

i have never used the Insertion point tool, I have never seen it. I will look into it and report back.

regards

Barry

3 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

And from what I can see from the FSDT addon manager that I have installed, it does not seem to be meant to be a scenery library order management tool. I would recommend using the freeware "Scenery Config Editor" instead.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

Doug, are you certain SCE can be used with P3D? When I tried using it months ago, it had problems because of the xml files. I have been using Lorby's Scenery Configuration Tool with great results. Please correct me if I am wrong about SCE. Thanks....

Sherm

1 minute ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Sherm

Yes, it works with all versions of FSX and P3D, but it does not deal with the .xml files.

And, therein is the big problem as I see it. Anyway, whatever works and makes us happy...:-)

Sherm

Archived