YMML no static planes

SimonLeung

I have just bought a couple of Australia airports but I found some of them like the YMML shows no static planes, no matter I enable or disable the static plane option in the control console. The other airport like the Brisbane Airport works fine with plenty of static planes. Please advise. Thanks.

Simon

Nick is mostly right. With the exception of one single Qantas 737 in the maintenance area I can find no other static aircraft. The ones you see in the main screen shot are all UT2 (note no shadows underneath them). If I can remember correctly, YMML was produced when FTX was the major flight sim and back then YMML was considered resource intensive, so it stands to reason that there would be minimal static aircraft.

YMML.JPG.02dd61bca3330d41e680f3792206c851.JPGYMML1.thumb.jpg.345e0d3464effe114c8d630a153661a5.jpgYMML2.thumb.jpg.4d433145e8fa8a8bc6f8e0424a5fd0f8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

They are AI planes which land, taxi to gate, wait, taxi to runway, and takeoff. They make the airport come alive.

Static planes are ones that just sit at a gate. Typically they have something extra associated with them such as they have more detail or have an animation.

Archived